Reading Comprehension | Comparing Points of View | 4th Grade Close Reading
- Google Apps™
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Keeping 4th-grade students engaged in the learning process can be challenging, but it doesn't need to be! With this reading comprehension bundle specifically designed for fourth graders, engaging and educational activities become part of the curriculum. Students will practice close reading strategiePrice $13.40Original Price $16.75Save $3.35
Engage your 4th graders with these two fun grade-level passages that help them learn how to compare and contrast the points of view in two different stories. Students will practice this skill by using close reading strategies before, during, and after reading and comprehension activities.
This PRINT and DIGITAL packet is full of activities for a 1-3 day lesson and will make teaching this standard quick and easy!
★ PLEASE SEE PREVIEW FOR A CLOSER LOOK! ★
Included in this complete reading lesson:
- Two Reading Passages: Underground Cave Room and Zach's Inspiration
- Theme Anchor Chart
- Steps for Finding the Point of View of a Story Anchor Chart
- Close Reading Guiding Questions
- 1st Read Note Taking Page
- Story Sequence Graphic Organizer
- 2nd Read Text-Dependent Comprehension Questions
- Compare & Contrast Venn diagram
- Summary Writing
- Answer Key
- How to Use Pages
EASEL™ Activity & Assessment: This resource is ready for students to access on TpT's EASEL platform! Easel is an interactive layer over the original PDF worksheets that you can use on the TpT platform OR assign in Google Classroom.
Common Core Standards in this resource:
RL.4.1 - Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
RL.4.6 - Compare and contrast the point of view from which different stories are narrated, including the difference between first- and third-person narrations.
W4.10 - Write routinely over extended time frames (time for research, reflection, and revision) and shorter time frames (a single sitting or a day or two) for a range of discipline-specific tasks, purposes, and audiences.
Use this resource for:
- Whole Group Instruction
- Small Group Instruction
➪More Reading Resources:
• Character Traits - Reading Passage, Graphic Organizers, Questions - 4th Grade
• Theme - Reading Passage, Graphic Organizer, Anchor Charts, Questions - 4th Grade
• Christmas Reading Comprehension Activities | 4th Grade
• Election Day Reading | Graphic Organizer | Comprehension Questions - 4th Grade
♥ CLICK HERE TO FOLLOW MY STORE FOR New Products, Updates, and Great Deals! ♥
"Don't forget to leave feedback -you will receive TPT credits that you can use toward future purchases!
Thank you for visiting Teaching in the Heart of Florida!