Also included in
- Are you looking to switch up your reader response activities? Graphic organizers are useful go-tos, but they are sometimes not enough to continually engage all of our growing readers. These reading crafts are a fresh, hands on and unique way students can visually see each reading skill and strategy$89.75$124.00Save $34.25
- This bundle includes everything you will need to introduce and practice the visualizing reading strategy with your students. Check out the product preview to get a closer look at each resource included!WHAT'S INCLUDED:Introduce the Visualizing Reading Strategy with:Reading Strategy Visuals: This pac$12.75$15.00Save $2.25
- Are you looking to switch up your reader response activities? Graphic organizers are useful go-tos, but they are sometimes not enough to continually engage all of our growing readers. These reading comprehension strategies crafts are a fresh, engaging and unique way students can visually see each r$39.75$53.00Save $13.25
Teaching students to visualize and create mental images is crucial to their reading comprehension of both nonfiction and fiction texts. These reading comprehension crafts are a fresh, hands on and unique way students can visually see the creating mental images reading strategy broken down for them. It is an alternative to reading response that will help you to reach all learners in your classroom.
These reading crafts require little to no prep, and the only materials needed are scissors and glue.
4 Visualizing Comprehension Crafts:
- Lift the Flap Glasses: Students record what they read in 2 places in the text and draw a visualization of each under the eye glass flaps.
- My Mind Movie: Students write and illustration one moment or detail from the beginning, middle, and end of their reading.
- “My Mental Images” Thought Bubble Tab Book: Students write 3 excerpts from the text on each page of their book and then draw their visualization in the thought bubble tab.
- Visualization Text to Thought: Students fill in one passage from the text along with what this made them visualize in a simple lift the flap craft.