Also included in
- Reading units that are differentiated for kindergarten and first-grade.No Prep Print and Go Lesson Planning made easy!Engaging Readers Read Aloud LessonsAligned to CCS and TEKS.Reading, Phonics, Comprehension, Word Work and More!NOTE: This isn't a packet of worksheets. These are actual Lessons that$100.00$153.00Save $53.00
- Teaching Kindergarten has never been easier! We have everything all planned out for you. These units include engaging lessons that will have your little ones meeting or exceeding the grade level standards in no time. We've included our best-selling units to help you have an AMAZING school year!$295.00$514.00Save $219.00
- Reading No Prep Print and Go Lesson Planning made easy!Reading, Phonics, Comprehension, Word Work and More! NOTE: This isn't a packet of worksheets. These are actual Lessons that guide you through the process of using Read Alouds to teach the standards for Reading, Phonics, and Grammar.*************$153.00$306.00Save $153.00
Read-Aloud Lesson Plans and Activities! Each reading lesson has differentiated reading comprehension response pages to fit the needs of KINDERGARTEN, FIRST GRADE, and SECOND GRADE students.
No Prep Print and Go Lesson Planning made easy!
Simply the easiest and most enjoyable way to drive up student engagement.
These Engaging Readers Read Aloud Lessons are aligned to Common Core Standards and TEKS standards for Kindergarten, first grade, and second grade. Join the thousands of teachers who have transformed their ELA block.
HOW DO THE ENGAGING READERS LESSONS WORK?
The teacher does the reading work while the students do the thinking work. These lessons are grounded in research. It is said that the person doing the most talking is the person who is doing the most learning. SO these lessons scaffold instruction to get students talking. Side-by-side students learn comprehension strategies such as Predicting, Visualizing, Retelling, Connecting, Inferring, Opinion Writing and so much more. You won’t believe how quickly students fall in love with your read-aloud time.
These units can be used on their own or as a supplement to your current reading curriculum.
EACH BOOK INCLUDES DAILY:
· Reading discussion lesson plans
· Comprehension strategies to help all students deepen their connections and engagement to books
· PowerPoint pictorial retelling file set students up for success!
· Interactive writing to support your students where they are.
· Anchor Chart ideas for each book
· Sentence study and activities for each day of the week.
· Grammar study for each day of the week
· Word Work for Kindergarten and first grade
· A craft for each book.
· Rubrics for each response activity
· True/False comprehension assessment
· Multiple choice comprehension assessment
· Common Core Standards and TEKS standards checklist
· Additionally, these assessments have been added to ESGI which you can access for FREE with your ESGI subscription.
You can get 2 months of ESGI for FREE by clicking https://www.esgisoftware.com/ and using code PD825.
NOTE: This isn't a packet of worksheets. These Engaging Readers Lessons actually guide you through the process of using quality read-aloud books to teach the standards for Reading Comprehension.
This resource will save you hours of work because EVERYTHING is all planned out in easy to follow lesson plans and the materials are included for you!
Just PRINT and TEACH! Each week focuses on one book and takes you through a variety of lessons to get your kids reading like never before.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR THE SEESAW AND GOOGLE SLIDES VERSIONS OF THE READING COMPREHENSION?
We have converted the reading comprehension portion of many of the ENGAGING READERS books. These converted files are not included in this unit. If you would prefer, you are welcome to convert this file to a digital version. However, if you want it all done for you, you can find the listing of these resources by clicking HERE.
THE BOOKS NEEDED FOR THIS UNIT ARE:
- The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
- Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner
- Ice Bear by Nicola Davies
- Tacky the Penguin by Helen Lester
ADDITIONAL ENGAGING READERS BOOK TITLES CAN BE FOUND IN THESE BUNDLES:
- ENGAGING READERS READING COMPREHENSION SET 1
- ENGAGING READERS READING COMPREHENSION SET 2
- ENGAGING READERS READING COMPREHENSION SET 3
- African Animals Nonfiction Reading BUNDLE
- Presidents Day Nonfiction Reading Comprehension Unit
- Little Red Hen Unit of Study: Engaging Readers:
- Lions Nonfiction Reading Comprehension Unit
- Black History Month Nonfiction Reading Comprehension Unit
RELATED LITERATURE BASED STEM AND CENTER ACTIVITIES CAN BE FOUND: