Products in this Bundle (5)
Are you looking for holiday themed nonfiction reading comprehension passages and questions? A Comprehension Quest® is a FUN escape room style activity and is a unique way to get students excited about practicing reading comprehension!
This is a BUNDLE of my five HOLIDAY THEMED Comprehension Quests®.
Reading Comprehension Quests Included:
- The Secret Valentine
- St Patrick's Day
- Mystery Mansion (Does not specifically mention Halloween)
- Save Santa (Christmas Around the World)
What's Included in Each Reading Comprehension Escape Room:
- A hook video introducing the quest (2 versions- wmv and mp4)
- 6 Non-Fiction Passages and Standards Aligned Response Activities/Graphic Organizers (2-4 response options are given after each passage. These can be used to differentiate instruction from 2nd grade level through 5th grade level.)
- Answer Keys for Reading Response Activities (to save you time!)
- 6 Clues
- Elimination chart and teacher answer key (Students will eliminate something after they receive each clue)
- Certificate of completion
- A Digital Version of each Quest is now included! (Use with Google™ Slides in Google™ Classroom). Learn how it works here!
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐I feel like these are not advertised enough! These are GOLD! My kids absolutely love these. They are engaging, higher order, & full of interesting passages.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐My students love the challenge of an Escape Room and they loved this one! It was easy to implement, and students were actively engaged.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐My students and I LOVE these reading quests! Each quest has very informative articles that my students enjoy reading. I let them work with a partner to read each passage and figure out the clue. Thank you!
How much time do I need for a Comprehension Quest?
I always tell teachers it takes however much time you would allow your students to spend on 6 reading passages. BUT, if you are short on time, you can use fewer passages and just give students more of the clues after each passage. The only rule about the clues is that they have to be given in order.
For more information, be sure to download the preview!
©Thrifty in Third Grade
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED