Foldables are the perfect way to inject a little bit of something different to help keep students engaged. And these foldables are great for practicing those reading skills that need so much practice. Several of these foldables could be used for either fiction or non-fiction, while others are specifically for one or the other. Use these for whatever books you see fit, as many times as you see fit. Enjoy!
Included are foldables for working on the following skills:
- asking questions when reading
- answering questions about stories
- making connections
- predicting with evidence
- beginning, middle, and end of stories
- inferring the morals of fables with evidence
- story structure
- comparing stories, characters, and fables
- cause and effect
- writing about how a character changes through a story
- main idea & supporting details
- expanding vocabulary
P.S. If you like these foldables and would like to create your own, check out my templates at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Foldable-Templates-for-Personal-Use-764094 .