This is an engaging literacy center or small group activity that highlights reading comprehension practice. This packet focuses on improving students’ comprehension of short fiction stories
through improving inference and sequence skills and is aligned with Common Core ELA- Literacy RL. 3.1 and RL 4.1.
This packet is setup as 10 mini packets. Each mini packet includes:
• 1 short fiction story
• 3 multiple-choice comprehension questions (Each question is set up as an inference practice.)
• 3 illustrations that need to be labeled in the correct order
This is a great packet to implement right before testing as another interesting avenue for practicing reading comprehension skills.
In my classroom, I like to use this packet in 2 ways:
1. As a literacy center activity where my students can work independently to complete each story, its 3 comprehension questions, and its sequence illustrations.
2. As a small group activity where I can read 1 story with a small group and discuss the comprehension questions and sequence illustrations together.
This packet includes:
• 10 short stories
• 30 multiple-choice questions that target inference practice
• 30 illustrated scenes that target sequence practice
• 1 answer recording log
• 1 answer key that can be used by the teacher or students
• A direction sheet for students to reference when this activity is used as a center
Of the 36 pages in this packet, 30 of them are print ready and reusable.
Please take a few minutes to download the free preview which will help you asses the reading level of the comprehension stories and the depth of the questions.
Teri & Tiff
This product is copyrighted: Reading Comprehension – Inference & Sequence Practice
by Teri and Tiff's Creative Resources
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License
Prediction Comic Strips – A Focused Reading Skills Activity
Prediction Matchup – A Focused Reading Skills Activity
Prediction Task Cards – Practice with Scenarios
Holiday Themed Language Arts:
Elf Prediction Matchup – A Focused Reading Skills Activity
Thanksgiving Writing Craftivity – I Am Thankful: Highlighting Paragraph Writing
Writing with Personification – Creative Writing Tool
Writing with Similes – Creative Writing Tool
Descriptive Writing – Using Your 5 Senses (Creative Writing Tool)
Get TPT Credit . . .
. . . by rating this product! Go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to log in) and click the Provide Feedback
button (next to this product). Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that lower the cost on future purchases. We really value your thoughts and look forward to hearing your ideas!
Discounts, Freebies & New Products
Be the first to know about our discounts, freebies and new product launches by becoming a follower on TPT
(To become a TPT follower, click the green star next to our profile picture at the top of this page.)