This IEP GOAL Skill Builder worksheet set focuses on the student reading to understand key details in a short paragraph by creating an illustration using visual details to describe its' characters, setting, events, and objects mentioned within the passage. I had one student in particular who just wanted to draw cartoon characters, nothing else at all, no matter what the assignment was. He began completing meaningful illustrations with key details! YAY!!!!!!!!!!
• 100 Worksheets to Print and Do! (NOT Go, but DO!) Each worksheet contains visual directions for the student.
• Monitor student progress with data recorded on each worksheet containing key details
• IEP Goals and Suggestions on how to implement with your students
* STUDENT DATA is included on each worksheet!
• Binder cover (choice of two) and title for spine of binder
* Given a short instructional level reading passage (one paragraph), STUDENT will ______(read or listen to an adult read aloud) the passage, in order to draw up to ___(# of) key details from the passage (this includes colors, shapes, objects, people, and other characteristics), with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
* Given a short reading passage (read aloud or to self), STUDENT will illustrate key details with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
* Given an instructional level reading passage, STUDENT will read and highlight or underline key details in order to illustrate a minimum of three details within a specified period of time (ex. during independent work/within a 20 minute time period/prior to a preferred task), with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR
* Given a short story or passage to read aloud with visual and verbal prompts, STUDENT will draw a minimum of one key detail (which may include a color, shape, or other identifying characteristic), with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
Thank you for visiting Autism Educators TpT store. We donate a portion of all proceeds to promote autism awareness and acceptance.
None of our activities can be shared with other staff members due to copyright laws and licensing rules. You CAN suggest that they purchase their very own set, or you may purchase an additional license for them.
**Please see all copyright and licensing rules included with each product.
IMPORTANT COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
© Copyright 2019 Autism Educators, Inc. (AutismEducators.com). All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher or classroom, or for an entire department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or district websites, distributed via email, or submitted to file sharing sites such as Amazon Inspire. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for single classroom and personal use only.