Products in this Bundle (9)
showing 1-5 of 9 products
Printable PDF and digital Google Slides™ versions for most resources included for blended learning. Bundled are 9 great language resources for 3rd grade which address important comprehension, vocabulary, spelling, reading, and writing skills. Includes motivating word games. Answer keys included.
--- RESOURCE DETAILS ---
You're fully covered with both the print PDF and the new digital Google Slides™ versions for five of the larger resources. Great for distance learning and homeschool. Many of the 3rd-grade resources in this bundle provide both fiction and non-fiction reading passages and articles that emphasize reading comprehension skills. Skills reviewed in these resources include cause and effect, inferences, compare and contrast, problem-solving, drawing conclusions, identifying important facts, using context clues, identifying important details, using text evidence for determining answers.
The spelling activities use proven strategies to help all kids including struggling spellers. Just provide the words and the engaging activities do the rest. The graphic organizers address character traits, sequencing, story details, and summarizing. Also included are motivating and effective reading and word games that focusing on categorization and exposure to reading genres. Full answer keys are provided on all relevant resources. The activities are great for homework, practice, centers, or test prep. Most activities are no-prep with others just minimal preparation needed. All resources are aligned with the common core and other state and national language standards.
Pages in the resources can be printed either in color or grayscale with good results. These activities are effective as a homeschool or summer reading resource and are easily adaptable to existing lesson plans The worksheets and activities can be used as a quick comprehension assessment tool.
Listed below are brief descriptions of each product and links to the actual products for more in-depth information.
• Color-Code Comprehension The informational articles and comprehension activities require students to justify answers by color-coding text evidence. The unique tasks are motivating and teach kids to think about what they read. A unique and highly effective resource. PDF and Google Slides™ versions included. 65 pages.
• Spelling Activities These 21 fun spelling activities and games use proven effective spelling practice strategies. Great for all kids including struggling spellers. Just provide the words and the engaging activities do the rest. PDF and Google Slides™ versions included. 21 pages.
• Reading Comprehension Weekly Warm-Ups The 36 worksheets are highly engaging and motivating and align with common core standards. The comprehension strategies are appropriate for 3rd grade, 4th grade, 5th grade depending on skill level. The activities are designed to be used on a weekly basis to provide students consistent exposure to effective comprehension strategies throughout the school year. PDF and Google Slides™ versions included. 75 pages.
• Complete Novel Unit - Book, Activities, Audio - Mystery at Pineview Lake Exciting 182-page adventure novel with vocabulary and comprehension activities that address important reading skills. Full unabridged audio book included. Great way to promote reading enjoyment. PDF and Google Slides™ versions included. 220 pages and audio files.
• Graphic Organizers This packet includes 12 carefully crafted and effective graphic organizers for literature and informational text all aligned with the Common Core standards. Included with each graphic organizer is an information page which includes applications, aligned Common Core standards, tips and suggestions, and a fully completed example of the graphic organizer. 29 pages.
• Journal Prompts Activity Pages These 72 Journal Prompts Activity Pages are very versatile - a great way to get students to write! They can be used with whole group writing tasks, small group instruction, and individual tasks for those needing enrichment or a productive use of time when assignments are completed. PDF and Google Slides™ versions included. 76 Pages
• Reading Genre Bingo This reading genre bingo game aims to help students get unstuck from their reading rut and expand their horizons to the wonderful world of diverse literature. 27 reading genres are represented on these bingo cards. There are four different series - each one good for an entire term. Each reading bingo series has a selection of 24 out of the 27 genres. The objective is for the student to read a row of books in various genres to earn a bingo. 11 pages.
• Word Wise Categorization Game Word Wise! is an exciting word game of knowledge and speed. Players must try to fill in as many words in certain categories that begin with specified letters. Teachers can use categories that support the grade level curriculum for added review and reinforcement. 7 pages.
• Capture! Word Puzzle Game Capture is a fun word game which can reinforce language skills such as vocabulary and spelling as well as the math and science skills of coordinates and grids. Participants are given a game board which includes two grids - a placement grid and a recording grid. Words are placed and hidden on the placement grid. The objective is to try to find your opponent's words by calling out coordinates to locate them. When they are located, the letters are recorded on the recording grid. The winner is the first to find all of the opponent's words! 5 pages.
I take pride in my products and guarantee satisfaction. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments about any of my materials.
Please note that some of the products in this grade level bundle may crossover into other bundles. Some products may be appropriate for more than one grade level.
About the Author
Rick Whitehead has been a teacher and author for over 30 years in public and private practice. His background includes teaching in public schools, curriculum development, school program design, private mentoring and author of juvenile fiction. He is devoted to helping children learn and grow by providing high-quality resources that are highly motivating and effective even for the most reluctant learners.