Also included in
- Purchasing this Reading Comprehension is like getting two Reading Comprehension resources for free!!These resources are appropriate for grades 2-6. GOOGLE CLASSROOM DIGITAL VERSION AVAILABLE!The graphic organizers are now in both a digital and printable version! There are 12 Reading Comprehension re$34.95$42.00Save $7.05
This Reading Comprehension resource includes practice work for practicing making connections with any text. It includes the following detailed practice:
- Text-to-Self Connections
- Text-to-Text Connections
- Text-to-World Connections
- Connecting with Text Quotes
- Connecting Authors’ Styles
- Connecting Characters in the Same Story
- Connecting Characters from Different Stories
- Connecting Main Ideas in a Story
- Connecting Main Ideas from Different Stories
- Connecting Key Details to Main Ideas
- Connections Before Reading
- Connections During Reading
- Connections After Reading
- Connections Before, During, and After Reading
- Background Knowledge and Interpreting Characters
- Connections to Different Cultures
- Background Knowledge and Interpreting Settings
- Background Knowledge and Interpreting Topics
- Background Knowledge and Interpreting Story Elements
- Background Knowledge and Connections
These pages are great for big kids to practice making connections.
This resource is appropriate for grades 2-6.
GOOGLE CLASSROOM DIGITAL VERSION AVAILABLE!
The graphic organizers are now available in a digital version!
- As daily morning work to review comprehension skills
- During guided reading small groups
- During independent reading time or centers
- To work with partners and small groups
- As an assessment for teachers to monitor students’ reading abilities
- As homework review sheets
- As a quick and fun 10 minute time filler.
- As ‘when you’re finished’ additional work for students
- To use with substitute teachers
To see Literacy Center Reading Comprehension Work in one Money-Saving Bundle click the link below!
- Background Knowledge
- Cause and Effect
- Compare and Contrast
- Making Connections
Copyright © 2016 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
You can find the Comprehension Bundle Here
Interested in becoming a member? LEARN MORE HERE