This mini-unit includes everything you need to teach, practice, assess, and build confidence with the reading comprehension skill: MAKING CONNECTIONS.
Use this resource to help your students MASTER the art of using their making connections during reading!
INCLUDED IN THIS RESOURCE:
1. 5 mini lesson statements and detailed teaching instructions for teaching about making connections.
2. 5 sample mini lesson anchor charts (your anchor charts will look different based on the mentor texts you choose to use and the responses from your students, but you can use the same outline as provided).
3. ‘I Can’ statement cards for each lesson. These are great to post in the room, at a literacy station, glued into readers’ notebooks, or posted at a small group table.
4. Blank anchor chart pages for students. These can be glued into reader’s notebooks in a mini lesson section. Students can complete them during the lesson and have a record of learning kept safely in their notebooks to reference anytime!
5. 5 graphic organizers for independent activities that match each of the 5 mini lessons. These can be used with any text students are reading and can be used over and over again. They are great for assessment!
6. Short comprehension quizzes on making connections to administer after the 5 lessons are completed. Answer keys are provided!
7. A certificate of mastery you can give students to build their confidence and tell them you think they are ready for the test!
8. 14 different styles of brag tags for rewarding students for all their hard work and learning.
CHECK OUT THESE QUICK LINKS
To see THE BUNDLE
that this Mini Unit for Mastery is included in CLICK THIS LINK HERE
To see INDIVIDUAL SETS
and other Mini Units for Mastery bundles CLICK THIS LINK HERE
To see LITERACY CENTERS
that align with this whole group Mini Unit for Mastery CLICK THIS LINK HERE
Copyright © 2017 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.