- The mini-units in this BUNDLE include everything you need to teach, practice, assess, and build confidence with these specific reading comprehension skills!Download the free preview to see much more!Sets Available in the Bundle:Fact and OpinionFinding EvidenceThemeSettingAuthor's PurposeReader's Pur$60.00$40.00Save $20.00
- The mini-units in this MEGA BUNDLE include everything you need to teach, practice, assess, and build confidence with these specific reading comprehension skills!Sets Available in the MEGA Bundle:Fact and OpinionFinding EvidenceThemeSettingAuthor's PurposeReader's PurposeProblem and SolutionMain Idea$175.00$112.00Save $63.00
- Product Description
This mini-unit includes everything you need to teach, practice, assess, and build confidence with the reading comprehension skill: Sequencing
Use this resource to help your students MASTER the art of understanding sequence of events.
COMMON CORE AND NEW TEKS STANDARDS INCLUDED FOR EVERY LESSON AND EVERY GRADE 2-6!
- 5 mini lesson statements and detailed teaching instructions for teaching sequencing.
- 5 sample mini-lesson anchor charts (your anchor charts will look different based on the mentor texts you choose to use and the responses from your students, but you can use the same outline as provided).
- ‘I Can’ statement cards for each lesson. These are great to post in the room, at a literacy station, glued into readers’ notebooks, or posted at a small group table.
- Blank anchor chart pages for students. These can be glued into reader’s notebooks in a mini-lesson section. Students can complete them during the lesson and have a record of learning kept safely in their notebooks to reference anytime!
- 5 graphic organizers for independent activities that match each of the 5 mini-lessons. These can be used with any text students are reading and can be used over and over again. They are great for assessment!
- Short comprehension quizzes on sequencing to administer after the 5 lessons are completed. Answer keys are provided!
- A certificate of mastery you can give students to build their confidence and tell them you think they are ready for the test!
- 14 different styles of brag tags for rewarding students for all their hard work and learning.
LOOKING FOR TEXTS TO TEACH SEQUENCING?
- Also available are original texts that teach the skill of sequencing and are perfect to use in correlation with these lessons!
CLICK HERE to see the comprehension passages now!
- To see THE BUNDLE that this Mini Unit for Mastery is included in CLICK THIS LINK HERE
- To see THE MEGA BUNDLE with ALL 36 MINI UNITS FOR MASTERY CLICK THIS LINK HERE.
- To see INDIVIDUAL SETS of Mini Units for Mastery CLICK THIS LINK HERE.
- Use these LITERACY CENTER ACTIVITIES in correlation with the mini units and CLICK THIS LINK HERE.
Click the links to see each set of Comprehension Mini Units for Mastery:
- Author's Purpose
- Background Knowledge
- Cause and Effect
- Drawing Conclusions
- Fact and Opinion
- Finding Evidence
- Forming Opinions
- Graphics and Illustrations
- Interpreting Dialogue
- Main Idea and Details
- Making Connections
- Making Judgments
- Making Predictions
- Problem & Solution
- Reader's Purpose
- Story Structure
- Text Features
- Text Importance
- Understanding Characters
- Word Solving Strategies
Copyright © 2018 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
You can find this resource inside the membership by CLICKING HERE
Interested in becoming a member? LEARN MORE HERE