Also included in
- Over 100 minilessons to engage your readers in understanding how to make meaning while reading. These minilessons have actively engaged hundreds of readers to be more successful during independent reading. Grab this bank of minilessons to save you time and energy when planning your reading instruc$151.00$171.00Save $20.00
The intention of this study is to help readers to monitor their reading to make sure they are understanding. This unit will address common problems that students have as they read for longer periods of time and longer texts.
These lessons are designed to help children learn how to spot the signals that their meaning is breaking down and provide them with tools to repair their comprehension.
Included are minilessons to help students "listen" to the inner conversation they are having with a text.
Key Teaching Points:
• Monitoring my comprehension
• Listening to the inner conversation you have with a text
• Playing the movie in your mind
• My reading “camera” shut off! I need to repair it!
• Am I daydreaming while I read?
• Retelling the text
• How stories tend to go
• Losing track of characters
This product is also part of my Reading Workshop Curriculum Bundle.
You might also be interested in these other Reading Units of Study...
As always, if you plan to share this product with other education professionals, additional licenses MUST be purchased for each individual using the product. Additional licenses are available for purchase on this product page.
Any feedback you give regarding this product will be greatly appreciated.
Please click the green star to follow me and to never miss when new products are added to my store.
Please visit my literacy blog at www.LiteracyTreasures.com for tips, tricks and strategies to use within your literacy instruction.
You can also find me at…
Website Literacy Treasures
Facebook Literacy Treasures