Reading Comprehension--Minilessons for Monitoring Comprehension
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Engage your readers all year long with active strategies to help build understanding and comprehension of text. This reading minilesson plan will take you and your readers through...launching reader's workshopmonitoring comprehensiontracking and analyzing charactersdeveloping inferential understandPrice $126.40Original Price $197.50Save $71.10
The intention of this study is to help readers to monitor their reading to make sure they are understanding. This unit will address common problems that students have as they read for longer periods of time and longer texts.
These lessons are designed to help children learn how to spot the signals that their meaning is breaking down and provide them with tools to repair their comprehension.
Included are minilessons to help students "listen" to the inner conversation they are having with a text.
Key Teaching Points:
• Monitoring my comprehension
• Listening to the inner conversation you have with a text
• Playing the movie in your mind
• My reading “camera” shut off! I need to repair it!
• Am I daydreaming while I read?
• Retelling the text
• How stories tend to go
• Losing track of characters
This product is also part of my Reading Workshop Curriculum Bundle.
You might also be interested in these other Reading Units of Study...
· Introducing the Inquiry Process
· Following Characters Through a Fiction Story
· Poetry--It's More Than Rhyme Schemes and Stanzas
· Synthesizing Text for a Deeper Understanding
· Book Projects--Fostering Student Independence
As always, if you plan to share this product with other education professionals, additional licenses MUST be purchased for each individual using the product. Additional licenses are available for purchase on this product page.
Any feedback you give regarding this product will be greatly appreciated.
Please click the green star to follow me and to never miss when new products are added to my store.
Please visit my literacy blog at www.LiteracyTreasures.com for tips, tricks and strategies to use within your literacy instruction.
You can also find me at…
Website Literacy Treasures
Facebook Literacy Treasures