Reading Comprehension | Non-Fiction Passages | Washington, D.C.
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Bring the excitement of Washington, D.C., and its historical landmarks into your 3rd and 4th-grade classrooms with these five non-fiction passages! Students will understand the city more by reading and comprehending each passage while having fun with comprehension questions, graphic organizers, and activities designed to enrich their knowledge. Whether they're avid readers or need a push in comprehension practice, these non-fiction passages guarantee an engaging journey into one of America's most beloved cities!
This PRINT and DIGITAL packet is full of activities for a 5-day lesson and will make teaching non-fiction standards quick and easy!
★ PLEASE SEE THE PREVIEW FOR A CLOSER LOOK! ★
Included in this complete reading comprehension lesson packet:
- 5 Reading Passages: Washington, D.C., The National Mall, The U.S. Capitol, The White House, and The Supreme Court
- KWL Chart
- Comprehension Questions for Each Passage
- Vocabulary Graphic Organizers for Context Clues
- Color and Note Activity Pages
- The National Mall Activity Map
- Answer Key
Common Core Standards in this resource:
RI.3.1 - Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
RI.3.4 - Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words and phrases in a text relevant to a grade 3 topic or subject area.
RI.4.1 - Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
RI.4.4 - Determine the meaning of general academic and domain-specific words or phrases in a text relevant to a grade 4 topic or subject area.
Use this resource for:
- Whole Group Instruction
- Small Group Instruction
➪More Non-Fiction Reading Comprehension Resources:
• Election Day Reading | Graphic Organizer | Comprehension Questions - 3rd Grade
• Election Day Reading | Graphic Organizer | Comprehension Questions - 4th Grade
• Constitution Day Close Reading Activities - Print and Digital
• Veterans Day Activities | Veterans Day Reading Comprehension - Print & Digital
♥ CLICK HERE TO FOLLOW MY STORE FOR New Products, Updates, and Great Deals! ♥
"Don't forget to leave feedback -you will receive TPT credits that you can use toward future purchases!
Thank you for visiting Teaching in the Heart of Florida!