Do you interactive novel studies with students, but you do not love creating or purchasing new novel study activity sheets for every single study?
Imagine that another ELA teacher, right in the thick of preparing her scholars to analyze grade level novels, has come up with a generic novel study that is interactive, CCSS aligned, and flexible resource for novel studies.
And not just for one novel; a text analysis for novel.
I'm that ELA teacher that has !
Look no further than this resource!
This generic, interactive novel study will meets all of your students' needs novel after novel; year after year!
"I LOVE this resource. I teach fourth grade it has been great to have for every novel we do. For my on and below-grade level learners, we do this in small groups together with their novel and I have seen growth in their comprehension. For my above grade level learners, they use this to support their book study time and love it! I love to hear the conversations that develop. GREAT resource."
- Taylor, 4th Grade Teacher ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Love, love, love this resource! It was so easy and beneficial with our classroom novels. The students were engaged and followed along the entire time."
- Mrs. Hurst, 6th Grade Teacher ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"I've been using this as an extension activity during intervention for my high readers. The questions are engaging, students are able to be creative, and they can run book groups on their own!"
- Haley, 5th Grade Teacher ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Front/Back Interactive text analysis guide sheets
- Skill themed text analysis guide sheets: Character traits, theme, main idea, rising action, falling action, climax, resolution, conflict, summary, close read, point of view, and MORE!
- Small Group & Socratic Seminar Post-It note Printables for student-led guided conversation
- Specific Directions & Examples
- Check out the preview download for a more specific, in-depth view!
You'll LOVE this resource because it's:
- Ready for
- CCSS ELA 4-8 aligned,
- Flexible for Differentiation,
- Usable with any novel study,
- Engaging for both you and your students,
- Perfect for: Whole Group – Literature Circles – Small Group – Student Led – Socratic Seminars
⭐Check out my blog post about how I used this resource in my classroom [here]!
(c) Lindsay Flood
Single Classroom Use Only