Reading Comprehension Packet!
What educators are saying
This Reading Comprehension Packet is filled with 20 booklets and 20 response sheets to help build comprehension. This packet is designed to build comprehension for emergent readers and early readers and is perfect for K-1 students.
Also Included in the download: Teacher Edition for printing multiple copies! Just print, stack, staple and cut!
⭐️ If you like this Reading Comprehension Packet, be sure to check out our Monthly Reading Comprehension Checks! THE BUNDLE
This packet can be used in a variety of ways...
- Orally- this is a great way to build comprehension with students who are not yet ready to write a response or read the books independently. The teacher can read the book out loud and students can practice responding orally. This would be a great opportunity to practice predicting, inferring and many other skills mentioned below.
- Small Groups or Partners- The mini-books include short sentences with many repeated words to help build confidence and fluency. This would be a perfect way to incorporate shared reading.
- Independent Work- For students who are more fluent in their reading, this would be a great way to assess their reading comprehension and ability to respond appropriately on the response sheets.
Students will be able to work on the following skills:
- following directions
- accessing prior knowledge
- organizing information
- using complete sentences
- vocabulary development
- using context clues
- recalling story details
- critical thinking
- answering questions (under the surface and on the surface)
Mini-book Topic and Titles include:
- My Cat Sam
- What is Wrong with Max?
- Sheep's Surprise
- Duck Takes a Walk
- In the Jungle
- Susie's Birthday
- The Doctor's Bag
- The Library
- Bubble Gum
- The Picnic Basket
- 5 cent Gumballs
- I am a Bookworm
- I am a Pirate
- Honey Bear
- My Backpack
- The Circus
- Apple Pie
⭐️ Each story booklet is 4 pages long ⭐️
This packet addresses the following Common Core Standards for 1st Grade:
CCSS.ELA-Litearcy.RI.1.1-Ask and answer questions about key details in the text.
CCSS.ELA-Litearcy.RI.1.2- Identify the main topic and retell key details in the text.
CCSS.ELA-Litearcy.RI.1.3- Describe the connection between two individuals, events, ideas, or pieces of information in a text.
CCSS.ELA-Litearcy.RI.1.2- Describe the connection between two individuals, events, or pieces of information in a text.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook for exclusive FREEBIES!