Reading Comprehension Passage | Point of View Activities | 3rd Grade
If you're looking for a fun and engaging way to teach your 3rd graders how to identify the character's point of view, look no further than this Point of View Activities Pack! This Print and Digital packet is full of close reading strategies and activities that will help your students understand how to find the point of view in a story.
They can practice finding the character's point of view using the story sequence graphic organizer and reading comprehension questions. Plus, the 1-3 day lesson plan makes it quick and easy to implement in your classroom!
★ PLEASE SEE PREVIEW FOR A CLOSER LOOK! ★ ─────────────────────────
Included in this point of view reading comprehension lesson packet:
- It's Saturday! Reading Passage: This engaging story will be fun for your 3rd graders to read while identifying the character's point of view in this story.
- Point of View Anchor Chart: Teaching point of view starts with an anchor chart that helps students learn what to look for in the story.
- Steps for Finding the Point of View of a Story Anchor Chart: These detailed steps will help students work through this activity.
- Close Reading Guiding Questions: Help students set a purpose for reading with these guiding questions that students can use during reading.
- 1st Read Note Taking Page: Immediately after the first reading, your students can note key details from the story that will help them as they comprehend the story.
- Story Sequence Graphic Organizer: Using this graphic organizer will help students organize the main events of the story.
- 2nd Read Text-Dependent Comprehension Questions: After the 2nd reading, students are ready to respond to these comprehension questions that lead them to identify the character's point of view.
- Summary Writing: This summary frame will help students write a detailed story summary.
- Answer Key: Quick and easy for you to check student answers
- How to Use Pages: Suggestions for how to use this resource in your classroom.
EASEL™ Activity & Assessment: This resource is ready for students to access on TpT's EASEL platform! Easel is an interactive layer over the original PDF worksheets that you can use on the TpT platform OR assign in Google Classroom.
Common Core Standards in this resource: RL.3.1 - Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text as the basis for the answers. RL.3.6 - Distinguish their own point of view from that of the narrator or those of the characters. W3.10 - Write routinely over extended time frames (time for research, reflection, and revision) and shorter time frames (a single sitting or a day or two) for a range of discipline-specific tasks, purposes, and audiences.
Use this point of view resource for:
✔ Whole Group Reading Instruction: Introduce character's point of view in your whole group lessons
✔ Guided Reading Groups: Use this reading resource as a focus text for your reading groups.
✔ Homework: Send home as a practice activity
✔ Bellwork: Use as a bellringer for extra reading comprehension practice
✔ Literacy Centers: Students can practice looking for the character's point of view as a literacy center activity.
➪ MORE READING COMPREHENSION RESOURCES:
➪ MORE READING RESOURCES:
"Don't forget to leave feedback -you will receive TPT credits that you can use toward future purchases!
Thank you for visiting Teaching in the Heart of Florida!