showing 1-5 of 11 products
- Bundle Description
Comprehension Mats BUNDLE ~ Daily Reading Comprehension Practice for the Whole Year has 20 different printable reading comprehension mats for 10 months!
Buy the bundle and SAVE $9 (2 packs for FREE)! This BUNDLE is a collection of my monthly Comprehension Mat resources. Each pack is now included!
View the detailed previews and products included BELOW! Watch the video preview to see Comprehension Mats in action!
3 RESOURCES IN 1:
- PDF or PPT - Just open the PDF or PPT file and print!
- GOOGLE SLIDES - Assign each reading comprehension passage in Google Slides, which includes interactive pieces to move and text boxes to fill in.
- SEESAW - Add an activity to Seesaw with the included images!
Comprehension Mats are great for small group instruction, homework, and morning work. These printable activities have a short reading passage and 3 follow-up sections to complete.
Components of Comprehension Mats:
- Students must read the passage 3 times and color a seasonal shape after each read. They will build fluency through repeated reading.
- They draw or write about the story or a connection they make.
- They answer and complete different questions.
This resource provides a lot of reading practice each month to help build comprehension skills and fluency.
The skills covered in Comprehension Mats:
*Reading for information
*Locating text evidence
*Locating, highlighting, and recording short vowels
*Locating, highlighting, and recording sight words
*Locating, highlighting, and recording verbs, nouns, and adjectives
*Answering questions in complete sentences
*Sequencing story events
6 ways to use Comprehension Mats in your classroom!
1. Print Comprehension Mats on cardstock, laminate, and use with whiteboard markers!
2. Shrink and print Comprehension Mats and use in your interactive notebooks!
3. Copy Comprehension Mats back to back with the cover page to create a booklet!
4. Copy and put into a folder. Use for morning work or fast finishers!
5. Use with Seesaw by uploading the image files included in this resource and assigning it to your class (instructions provided).
6. Use with your class in Google Classroom (instructions provided).
Look at the PREVIEW for a look at the table of contents and a breakdown of what a Comprehension Mat looks like and how it can be used. The video preview shows examples of Comprehension Mats in action.
The activities align with the Common Core standards for first grade. This is perfect for first grade, but could also be used for a challenge in Kindergarten and for extra practice/as review for second grade.
Additional pages are provided for Canadian users. Additional pages include Canadian spelling and content.
Try the SEL program that is needed in ALL classrooms!
Popular Bundles by Proud to be Primary:
Stay connected with Proud to be Primary
- Click HERE to follow our store and receive notifications of new product releases, sales, and freebies.
- Join our email list and get weekly teacher tip emails and access to our FREE resource library.
- Visit our website at Proud to be Primary for tons of engaging ideas for teaching kids in the classroom!
- Join our Facebook group and connect with thousands PROUD primary teachers like yourself.
Questions, suggestions, and feedback are always welcome.
Just use the “Product Q&A” tab and I will get back to you as fast as I can!
Please ask all questions before purchasing or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Proud to be Primary