Reading Comprehension Passages - Emojis - Digital & Print Close Reading Activity
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Educate students with high interest topics while preparing them for testing with this mini bundle of close reading passages that include mystery pictures! Covers MANY ELA standards and are great for test prep, review, or to spiral the standards all year! Just print and GO! Students will be BEGGING tPrice $16.99Original Price $24.00Save $7.01
- Practice lots of important ELA standards with this ALL-ACCESS BUNDLE of 36 sets of Close Reading Comprehension Passages with Mystery Pictures, provided in both DIGITAL and PRINT formats, is designed to engage students in analyzing text using close reading comprehension strategies. This resource motPrice $175.00Original Price $288.00Save $113.00
- This is an EVERYDAY BUNDLE of 12 sets of themed Close Reading Comprehension with Mystery Pictures, provided in both DIGITAL and PRINT formats, and designed to engage students in analyzing text using close reading comprehension strategies. This resource motivates students to persevere through the muPrice $64.99Original Price $96.00Save $31.01
Emoji Close Reads with Mystery Pictures, provided in both DIGITAL and PRINT formats, are designed to engage students in analyzing text using close reading comprehension strategies. This resource motivates students to persevere through the multi-draft reading process with the use of the mystery grid picture, making it a fun activity that students will ask for again and again!
⭐️⭐️⭐️ Save BIG when you buy the BUNDLE! ⭐️⭐️⭐️
This emoji set features three different texts about the history of emojis, comparing hieroglyphics and emojis, and a story about a cultural pen-pal emoji mix-up. Students will love learning about these emoji topics as they read the 3 texts: .
These texts are at , so all students will be appropriately challenged! As they complete the close reading process, students will build comprehension by answering text-dependent questions. Here’s the fun part: their answers to the questions will help them “decode” and color the corresponding emoji themed mystery grid picture!
Graphic organizers and writing prompts are also included to enhance reading comprehension and can be used as you see fit! Want to see for yourself? Check out this fun FREEBIE to see how the text levels and questions can work for your classroom!
This activity is perfect for training students to read a text multiple times in order to truly understand it. By reading a text more than once, annotating it, and answering questions, students will learn to find and analyze:
- Author’s purpose
- Text structure
- Text-based evidence
- Central ideas
- Teacher Pages: explaining the different parts of the resource and how to use it in the classroom
- Digital Copies: of the student pages for assigning via Google Slides or Powerpoint + instructions
- 3 Different Texts: passages that are differentiated into three different reading levels. 1 fiction and 2 nonfiction texts
- 10 Text-Dependent Questions: corresponding to each passage (Option to use with or without the mystery grid)
- 3 Mystery Grid Pictures: one for each passage, corresponding to the text-dependent questions
- 3 Writing Prompts: one for each passage
- Graphic Organizers: as an option to use with any of the texts
- Student Printables: close reading/annotating tip sheets to print for the students to keep/use during the process. Perfect for notebooks!
❶ "A Cultural Mix-Up" a fiction passage about pen pals who have a misunderstanding about an emoji meaning
❷ "Hieroglyphics vs. Emojis" an informational passage about the similarities and differences between hieroglyphics and emojis
❸ "The History of Emojis" an informational passage about the history of emojis
Want to see more Close Reading with Mystery Picture sets?
Use these high-interest texts to practice close reading strategies, answering text-dependent questions, vocabulary, and responding to text in writing.
- Whole group
- Small groups
- Learning centers/stations
- Sub Plans
- Test Prep
- Room Transformations
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
As such, it is for use in one classroom only. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet is strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permission!
If you would like to contact me about pricing on a license for an ENTIRE school, county, or district, please email me at email@example.com