Reading Comprehension Passages (8 Fiction & Non-FictionPassages)
-8 worksheets which include a reading passage and comprehension questions.
---Questions are differentiated and are formatted as open ended, multiple choice or fill in the blank.
-Among the reading passages are 6 Non-Fiction and 2 Fiction which are all about dogs.
-Teacher’s Answer key.
2. RL. 1: Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text.
2. RL. 2: Recount stories, including fables and folktales from diverse cultures, and determine their central message, lesson, or moral.
2. RL. 3: Describe how characters in a story respond to major events and challenges.
2. RL. 7: Use information gained from the illustrations and words in a print or digital text to demonstrate understanding of its characters, setting, or plot.
2. RL. 10: By the end of the year, read and comprehend literature, including stories and poetry, in the grades 2–3 text complexity band proficiently, with scaffolding as needed at the high end of the range.
3. RL. 1: Ask and answer questions to demonstrate understanding of a text, referring explicitly to the text as the basis for the answers.
3. RL. 2: Recount stories, including fables, folktales, and myths from diverse cultures; determine the central message, lesson, or moral and explain how it is conveyed through key details in the text.
3. RL. 3: Describe characters in a story (e.g., their traits, motivations, or feelings) and explain how their actions contribute to the sequence of events.
3. RL. 10: By the end of the year, read and comprehend literature, including stories, dramas, and poetry, at the high end of the grades 2–3 text complexity band independently and proficiently.