Reading Comprehension Passages & Questions 1st Grade Reading Standards
What educators are saying
Products in this Bundle (18)
showing 1-5 of 18 products
Are you looking for first grade reading standards activities? This BUNDLE includes 170 standards-based reading passages with comprehension questions and activities for first grade reading literature and reading informational standards. These are perfect for practice, review, and formative assessment of the 1st grade reading standards. Standards-based display posters included with each set.
>>> Click HERE to see all of my standards-based passages!
- Ten passages (for a total of 170+ passages)
- Comprehension questions and activities that focus on the standard
- Poster with standard information for classroom display
- Review and practice of standards
- Formative assessments
- Reading groups
- Intervention or remediation
*If you do not follow the common core standards, these are still great passages and questions covering first grade reading and language arts concepts.
Written for 1st grade, but may be useful with some Kindergarten and 2nd grade students as well.
- RL.1.1 Ask and Answer Questions about Key Details in a Text
- RL.1.2 Retell stories, including key details, and demonstrate understanding of their central message or lesson
- RL.1.3 Describe characters, settings, and major events in a story, using key details
- RL.1.4 Identify words and phrases in stories or poems that suggest feelings or appeal to the senses
- RL.1.5 Explain major differences between books that tell stories and books that give information
- RL1.6 Identify who is telling the story at various points in a text
- RL 1.7 Use illustrations and details in a story to describe its characters, setting, or events
- RL 1.8 (Not applicable to literature)
- RL 1.9 Compare and contrast the adventures and experiences of characters in stories.
- RI.1.1 Ask and answer questions about key details in a text
- RI.1.2 Identify the main topic and retell key details of a text
- RI.1.3 Describe the connection between two individuals, events, ideas, or pieces of information in a text
- RI.1.4 Ask and answer questions to help determine or clarify the meaning of words and phrases in a text
- RI.1.5 Know and use various text features
- RI 1.6 Distinguish between information provided by pictures or other illustrations and information provided by the words in a text
- RI 1.7 Use the illustrations and details in a text to describe its key ideas
- RI 1.8 Identify the reasons an author gives to support points in a text
- RI 1.9 Identify basic similarities in and differences between two texts on the same topic
Differentiated Reading Passages and Questions
Reader's Theater for Young Readers
⭐️ "I love how much is packed into this resource! They allow us to dig deeper into the standards with an interesting variety of stories that help keep my students engaged! Thank you!"
⭐️ "This resource was really what I needed to help my students. I loved that the passage and the comprehension are all on one page."
⭐️ "I am so obsessed with these passages! I had bought a couple previously and finally sprung for the bundle...well worth it! The passages are short, and the questions are aligned. Its great independent work to see if my kids are understanding the skill."
⭐️ "My school is switching to standards based grading this year. This resource is immensely helpful as I prepare myself for that change."
⭐️ "This resource is AMAZING! I love how it's organized by standards making it very easy for me to spot check students or re-assess areas students are struggling in. It's also great practice for all ELA areas!"
Click HERE to follow my store!
Thanks! Enjoy! Jennifer - Practical Primary Teacher
Copyright © Practical Primary Teacher
Permission for single classroom use only
Additional licenses can be purchased if you would like to share with a colleague