Are you looking for reading passages and booklets that are differentiated to use for guided reading, close reading or test prep? This print and teach resource is perfect for all these needs, but appropriate for first grade too! Because the same passage is available in 3 differentiated levels, it can also be done as a close read whole group and discussed since the comprehension questions are the same for all 3 levels!
*****Please read the description carefully and download the preview to see exactly what is included in this resource! And feel free to leave any clarifying questions in the Q&A BEFORE purchasing this resource! :) *****
Try it for FREE first!
Read about what close reading looks like in my first grade classroom on the blog!
Included In Each Resource
• Non-Fiction Passage (3 differentiated levels):
• How To Passage (3 differentiated levels):
• Fiction Passage (3 differentiated levels):
• Recipe Passage:
• Poetry Passage:
• Reading Sentences:
• Non-Fiction Booklet (3 differentiated levels):
• Fiction Booklet (3 differentiated levels):
• Comprehension Question Types
: key details, main idea/topic, inferencing, word/phrase meaning, characters/setting/problem/solution, author reasons to support claims, who is telling the story, compare/contrast characters, connection between characters/events
• Each passage includes 4 comprehension questions. The questions are the essentially the same regardless of reading level to help facilitate whole group discussion of the passages if you want to use it that way!
• ANSWER KEYS for the passages
DOWNLOAD THE DEMO TO SEE EVERYTHING INCLUDED!
• Guided Reading: Charts and Organizational Tools
• Interactive PowerPoint Phonics Units
• Name That Number: The Year Long Bundle
• Love That Language: The Year Long Bundle
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2018, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!
Follow My TPT Store
| Follow My Blog