This huge, super-helpful packet has 70 pages of ELA goodness for the month of September, with plenty of nonfiction informational passages, worksheets, poetry, center games and activities, and writing resources! Coast through the month with ease and lots of fun!
Click HERE to SAVE 25% by buying this resource as part of my Back to School Super Bundle!
This helpful resource includes:
4 High-Interest, Informational Text Passages, Worksheets, and Answer Keys:
• Labor Day – How it Began (First Monday in September)
• Patriot Day (September 11)
• Writing the Constitution (September 17)
• Johnny Appleseed (September 26)
These passages are perfect for close-reads, ELA centers, independent work, or whole class instruction.
4 September-Themed Center Games and Activities, Directions, and Answer Keys for Reading and ELA Centers:
• Synonym or Antonym? Sorting Center (20 word pair cards, answer key, student recording sheet, Synonym/Antonym cards)
• Sentence Sort Memory Match Game (40 game cards, guide sheet, answer key)
• Prefix Match-Up Game (36 game cards, answer key)
• What’s the Antonym? A Cut and Paste Worksheet
Poetry, Worksheets, and Answer Key:
• "Farewell, Summer!” an original poem with focus on personification, alliteration, and comprehension.
• Autobiographical Poetry - writing activity complete with guide sheet, prewriting, example page, and final copy page
• “My Dream Job” (Writing prompt, prewriting graphic organizer, lined paper, and illustration page)
This packet is perfect for ease in planning Language Arts lessons. Students can work independently, in small groups, in learning centers, or as a whole class.
Your intermediate students will certainly enjoy Reading and ELA in the month of September with this themed unit!
Click here and SAVE 20% by buying ALL 9 Monthly Reading/ELA Units in one Year-Long Bundle
You can find each of the Monthly Reading/ELA Units here:
October Reading/ELA Monthly Unit
November Reading/ELA Unit
December Reading and ELA Unit
January Reading/ELA Unit
February Reading/ELA Unit
March Reading/ELA Unit
April Reading/ELA Unit
May Reading/ELA Unit
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback! Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted. It pays to follow me!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,