Also included in
- Distance Learning Packets- Students love reading passages about animals. This is a collection of nonfiction passages on animals along with comprehension questions. Purchasing them together here you will save 20%, These passages have scientific information about animals in high-interest passages. S$41.40$51.75Save $10.35
- 5th Grade Utah SEEd Bundle: This is a year's worth of lessons and units that address all of the Utah SEEd standards for 5th grade. Save 20% by purchasing together! You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? These units use ph$107.28$134.10Save $26.82
- Fourth Grade Utah SEEd Bundle This resource bundles all my 4th-grade resources for Utah SEEd into one package with a discount of 20%. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? This huge bundle includes a year’s worth of r$104.48$129.85Save $25.37
- Utah SEEd Third-grade Bundle This resource bundles all my 3rd-grade resources for Utah SEEd into one package with a discount of 20%. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? It also includes resources that address Utah Cor$121.44$146.55Save $25.11
- Do you want your kids to practice reading informational text over the summer? Students love these high-interest reading passages on animals. This bundle combines my best-selling reading passages with comprehension questions on animals and provides them for you with a 20% discount. Includes:EaglesHum$25.34$36.20Save $10.86
- This third-grade science bundle includes all of my resources for third-grade NGSS,as well as third-grade resources for reading informational text. Save 20% by purchasing this huge bundle. Teachers and school districts will love this third-grade Huge NGSS Bundle with a wide variety of labs, centers,$145.20$180.75Save $35.55
- This fourth-grade science bundle includes all of my resources for 4th-grade NGSS as well as fourth-grade resources for reading informational text. Teachers and school districts will love this fourth-grade Huge NGSS Bundle with a wide variety of labs, centers, nonfiction articles, and more. This Bund$145.96$180.70Save $34.74
- This NGSS 5th-grade bundle covers the entire year of NGSS standards for fifth grade. This bundle also includes reading informational text units with a science theme. Purchase in the bundle and save 20%. You will love this great bundle for fifth grade science.Science Resources in this Bundle:Identify$134.20$167.25Save $33.05
Students will practice their reading informational text skills while learning all about honey bees!
Students will learn all about honey bees with these reading comprehension passages and questions. Honey bees are so important and have interesting life cycles! Students will learn about why bees are important, how the hive works, the life cycle of bees, the importance of bees as pollinators, why bees are at risk, and what we can do to help bees.
This resource includes:
- six pages of informational text about honey bees
- text-dependent comprehension passages
- interactive notebook flaps
- task cards
- sorting cards
- answer keys
This resource includes text-dependent comprehension passages and interactive notebook flaps. Answer Keys are included! This resource also includes two task cards with sorting card activities. These are self-checking and can be used as a center for literacy or science or for fast finishers!
This no-prep unit is ready to print and use. Great for grades 3-6. This resource is aligned with CCSS for Reading Informational Text.
This reading unit has a science theme and students will learn all about honey bees, how important bees are, the life cycle of a bee, and pollination. They will learn about conservation efforts to protect honey bee populations.
This is a very low prep unit. Just print and use!
Science Concepts Addressed in the Reading Passages:
The lifecycle of a Bee
Different Castes of Honey Bees
Colony Collapse Disorder
Importance of Bees to Food Sources
Why Bee Populations are Declining
How to Help Bees
While this unit does not completely cover the NGSS standards, It touches on and addresses concepts in the following standards:
NGSS 3-LS2-1. Construct an argument that some animals form groups that help members survive
NGSS 3-LS1-1. Develop models to describe that organisms have unique and diverse life cycles but all have in common birth, growth, reproduction, and death.
NGSS 3-LS4-2. Use evidence to construct an explanation for how the variations in characteristics among individuals of the same species may provide advantages in surviving, finding mates, and reproducing
NGSS 4-LS1-1. Construct an argument that plants and animals have internal and external structures that function to support survival, growth, behavior, and reproduction.
NGSS 4-LS1-2. Use a model to describe that animals receive different types of information through their senses, process the information in their brain, and respond to the information in different ways.
This resource is also aligned with the science standards for Utah's third grade.
Utah SEEd 3.2.1 Develop models to describe patterns of change that organisms go through during their life cycles. Emphasize that organisms have unique and diverse life cycles, but all have in common birth, growth, reproduction, and death.
By Lynda R. Williams
Teaching Science With Lynda
If you have questions about my resources please contact me email@example.com
* My resources are secure and not editable for copyright reasons.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
Students love my reading comprehension passages and questions! Please see my other Reading Comprehension and CLOSE Reading Passages: