Are you looking for Mother's Day and Father's Day reading passages and booklets that are differentiated to use for guided reading, close reading or test prep? This print and teach resource is perfect for all these needs, but appropriate for first grade too! Because the same passage is available in 3 differentiated levels, it can also be done as a close read whole group and discussed since the comprehension questions are the same for all 3 levels!
Try it for FREE first!
Read about what close reading looks like in my first grade classroom on the blog!
Included In this Resource
• Non-Fiction Passage (3 differentiated levels):
• How To Passage (3 differentiated levels):
• Fiction Passage (3 differentiated levels):
• Recipe Passage
• Poetry Passage
• Reading Sentences
• Non-Fiction Booklet (3 differentiated levels)
• Fiction Booklet (3 differentiated levels)
• Comprehension Question types: key details, main idea/topic, inferencing, word/phrase meaning, characters/setting, author reasons to support claims
• Each passage includes 4 comprehension questions. The questions are essentially the same regardless of reading level to help facilitate whole group discussion of the passages if you want to use it that way!
• ANSWER KEYS for the passages
DOWNLOAD THE DEMO TO SEE EVERYTHING INCLUDED!
• Guided Reading: Charts and Organizational Tools
• Phonics Sorts and More
• Interactive PowerPoint Phonics Units
• Sight Word Daily Practice Printables
• Mother's Day and Father's Day Crafts and Activities
Copyright Whitney Shaddock, 2017, licensed for one classroom use only. Please use the multiple licensing option for more than one classroom use!
Follow My TPT Store
| Follow My Blog