This freebie was designed to give you a sample of reading passages with text dependent comprehension questions for one literature standard and one informational standard. Engage your students with high-interest reading comprehension passages with text dependent analysis questions designed for one 4th Grade CCSS LITERACY STANDARD and one INFORMATIONAL STANDARD. The Step-by-Step Questions are standard-based and focus on one standard at a time. It is available in PDF, GOOGLE, AND POWERPOINT and can easily be used because each mini-unit is in its own separate file. This sample is aligned to Common Core Standards RL.4.1 and RI.4.1.
This sample is from a complete packet for all fourth grade standards. : READING COMPREHENSION PASSAGES AND QUESTIONS BUNDLE FOR ALL LITERATURE AND INFORMATIONAL TEXT STANDARDS (3 LEVELS OF DIFFERENTIATION)
What is included?
★ READING COMPREHENSION PASSAGES:
These reading comprehension passages are perfect for CLOSE READING. The passages provide students with a complete reading to answer the standard-based questions effectively.
- Common Core Standards- 1 lengthly passages for each standard- 2 original passages.
- 3 differentiated reading levels- a total of 6 Passages.
- Lexile level 550-1000- the range of levels for differentiation (Grades 3-6)
- Dyslexic Font- Each passage is written with or without a dyslexic font to meet the needs of all your students. (There is a separate PDF with all the passages in a dyslexic font.)
★ STEP-BY-STEP QUESTIONS:
The questions were formulated in a STEP-BY-STEP process and specifically designed for that particular standard.
Step 1: There are 10 multiple choice questions developed for basic comprehension of the text with some deeper-level questions mixed in. They were designed for students to get familiar with the text and are in the form of:
- Task Cards (Printable)
- Worksheet (Printable or Digital)
- GOOGLE Quiz (Digital)
Step 2: There are 10 rigorous open-ended questions developed for text-dependent analysis so students can think critically and question their assumptions. The last question is a text-dependent analysis writing prompt.
- Without lines to put in a center, on a smart board, or in groups to write answers in a notebook
- With lines to write on the printable
- Digital with text boxes
What is in the Zipfile?
Each mini-unit is labeled according to the standard and title of the passage. There are two files for each title.
- PDF has all the teacher notes, Google Links, and printable pages.
- PowerPoint is for student use to write directly in the PowerPoint. (It is the same as the Google version.)
The PowerPoint and Google Versions are perfect for DISTANCE LEARNING! These versions have larger fonts and spaces for easy digital reading.
★ Answer Keys: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN THE TEACHER PDF! ANSWER KEYS ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE STUDENT POWERPOINT OR GOOGLE SLIDES. For each open-ended answer key, teachers will know which questions are directly related to the standard. The answers that are bold-faced are related to the standard.
THE COMPLETE PACKET OF ALL 4TH GRADE STANDARDS INCLUDES ALL OF THE ABOVE PLUS:
✓ Point of View
✓ Text and Visuals
✓ Compare and Contrast
✓ Text Connections
Informational Text Standards
✓ Supporting Details
✓ Words and Phrases
✓ Text Structures
✓ Firsthand Accounts
✓ Interpret Information
✓ Text Features
✓ Text Evidence
✓ Author's Reasons
✓ Combining Two Texts
✓ Comprehend Information
Thank you for visiting my store!
Do you need help teaching Inference? Click Here for STEP-BY-STEP INFERENCE UNIT
Do you need help teaching Text Evidence? Click Here for STEP-BY-STEP TEXT EVIDENCE UNIT