This premium product contains 1 week's lesson.
It focuses on a short text entitled 'Mary The Black Cat' to highlight aspects of English grammar and word work.
This English Language Arts product contains:-
PowerPoint Presentation on all the lessons - the reading story is displayed on the Presentation for whole group shared reading, speaking and listening.
The whole story is presented on two slides with optional use of audio together with comprehension questions.
The Presentation also includes whole group tasks.
There is grammar review on PowerPoint relating to the text.
5 flexible lesson plans in which the PowerPoint slide numbers are referred to.
Outline of content:-
- Reading comprehension and comprehension questions on the story
- Capitalization and end punctuation
- Sorting scrambled words used in the story
- Word work - use of adjectives to write interesting sentences
- Writing simple sentences
- Creative writing activity
- Labeling pictures with arrows to describe pictures
- Reading texts and drawing pictures to match the captions
- Word search
- Differentiated worksheets and activities
This lesson incorporates: close reading, text-evidence based answers, inference and associated literacy tasks.
The story is self-penned.
Thanks for stopping by my store and I hope you enjoy using this product.
Sample my free products:
In The Mud
Spotty The Dog