A very short story 'Mary The Black Cat' to focus on aspects of English grammar and word work.
This English Language Arts product contains:-
PowerPoint Presentation on all the lessons - the reading story is displayed on the Presentation for whole class shared reading, speaking and listening.
The Presentation also includes whole class tasks.
There is grammar review on PowerPoint relating to the text.
The whole story is presented on two slides with optional use of audio together with comprehension questions.
Flexible English Language Arts Plan - 5 lessons focusing on the short story. The PowerPoint slide numbers are referred to in the lesson plans.
- Reading comprehension and answering questions on the story
- Capitalization and punctuation
- Sorting jumbled words (word scramble) already used in the story
- Word work - use of adjectives to write interesting sentences
- Writing simple sentences
- Creative writing activity
- Labeling pictures with arrows to describe pictures
- Reading texts and drawing pictures to match the captions
- Word search
- Differentiated worksheets and activities
The story is self-penned.
Images are royalty free sourced from Microsoft clipart, www.clker.com and pixabay free images.
Thanks for stopping by my store and I hope you enjoy using this product.
This lesson incorporates: close reading, text-evidence based answers, inference and associated literacy tasks.