These diverse printables are the perfect solution for your journal time, writer's notebooks and home writing assignments! No prep printables inspire creativity and help build writing skills. This package includes a variety of styles, templates and writing types.
Have students complete one of these adorable and easy to use templates once a week. Put templates on a rotation and have them complete the same printable later in the year. Encourage them to "One-Up" their previous work by adding more details or choosing a more in-depth subject.
For Home Writing:
My students don’t know what to write. They are generally overwhelmed by writing and when I assign “Home Writing” homework to be done monthly, they struggle to get it completed and handed in. I’ve created a packet with reproducible organizers to help them gather their thoughts and get a well written piece completed on time. Parents LOVE the suggestions in these packets. I’ve redesigned them from my original simple boxes and lines to create fun and exciting pages. Colourful borders and graphics were generously provided by Krista Wallden at Creative Clips Clipart.
Pages in this document:
- Feature unique writing tasks for elementary students.
- Are designed for grade 2, grade 3, grade 4, grade 5 and grade 6.
- Are differentiated and open ended so they’re wonderful for students of all skill levels.
- Are cross-curricular and can be used for many different topics or subjects.
- Encourage students to see the opportunities to write in their world (real-world, authentic learning).
- Feature light grey lines so students printing is easy to read.
- Explain each writing task clearly and in student-friendly language.
- Are not restricted to home writing. Use it in your classroom for writer’s notebooks or for research projects.
- Work great for guided reading, novel studies, independent reading and more!
- Create supports for parents to help their children write detailed and well organized pieces without tears!
Download my FREE Home Writing rubric from my TPT store to help students self-evaluate their work and to help you with assessing writing. I don’t include the marks in my progress reports, but parents like to see an assessment of their children’s work. I generally get the students to fill out the rubrics themselves, but occasionally I take notes of their progress to keep track of their improvement. It’s important to remember that homework is not an accurate reflection of students writing skills as they have parental support.
Make Learning Fun!
Some of my other products you may like:
Shape Search Math and Art Lesson (Perfect for Grades 1-6)
Literacy and Numeracy Tasks (Perfect for Grades 2-4)
Social Studies Landforms Fun Clip It Center
Skip Counting Centers – FUN ONES! (Grades 2-3)
Social Studies: Emoji Word Wall Words
HUGE Number Unit with Centers, Games and Blackline Masters (Grades 2-5)
***And don't forget to leave feedback on all your Teachers Pay Teachers purchases. You can earn points towards free products! To learn more click here
To leave me feedback, click here