Also included in
- Save money with this this discounted writing prompt bundle! Includes five sets of cards for a total of 764 different prompts! There are so many ways to use these cards!• As journal prompts • At a writing center• As discussion prompts in small groups or with the whole class• As extra credit• For fas$18.90$26.90Save $8.00
- Everything in this bundle is meant to be used with whatever books your students are reading, which makes it perfect for reading workshop, independent reading, or guided reading. Great for improving reading comprehension and digging into close reading. Some of the highlights include:More than 100 no-$79.70$102.70Save $23.00
- Each of these 157 cards features a different question or activity to help your students engage meaningfully with the text they are reading. They can be used for discussion or as writing prompts. The cards address setting, characters, plot, theme, author's purpose, mood, tone and more. Students will$9.94$13.94Save $4.00
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get clos$272.93$372.93Save $100.00
These 65 question cards for literature will help your students engage in meaningful and insightful discussions about the books they are reading. The cards address setting, characters, plot, theme, author's purpose, mood, tone and more. Students will need to use reading strategies such as inference, summarizing, comparing and contrasting etc. to dig deeper into the text.
Here are some suggestions for using these cards:
- Use in conjunction with close reading.
- Use as writing prompts for reading journals.
- Require students to complete a certain number of cards each week for their independent reading.
- Use in guided reading groups and literature circles as discussion prompts.
- Use as prompts for partner discussions.
- Use in reading strategy and literacy centers.
- Choose one card to display on the document camera for the whole class to use as a writing prompt.
- Allow students to draw cards randomly as writing or discussion prompts (always very popular!)
- Use after silent reading or the weekend to discuss what students have been reading independently.
Many of these cards would also work well for close reading. You will find a student response sheet that may come in handy for some of the ideas listed above. At the end of the document you will find the 65 questions in list format, as well as the Common Core Standards addressed in this product written out by grade level (grades 3-8) for easy reference.
Now includes black line versions for printing on colored paper!
Contents of this set include:
- Directions and Suggestions
- 65 Question Cards - Color
- 65 Question Cards - Black Line
- Cover Card
- Student Response Sheet
- All 65 questions in list format
- CCS addressed for grades 3-8 by grade level
What teachers have said about this resource:
♥ This contains SO many wonderful questions I would never think of. These help for on the spot discussions, as well as reader's response questions. I have multiple copies printed around the room for easy access whenever I need them! Wonderful resource. -Marissa J.
♥ These are great! I love the versatility of your task cards. They work so well for all kinds of activities. The questions here are rich and open ended but easily accessible for all students. -Kathryn O.
♥ A friend recommended I check out your store, and I am so thrilled I did. You have amazing products that are ready to use and make life simpler for me while adding great creative, activities and ideas into my classroom. Thank you so much! I am recommending you to my friends too! -GwenArlene C.
Also available in a money-saving Writing Prompts Task Card Bundle
More Reading Response Task Cards:
• Lit Bits
More great products:
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.
Minds in Bloom