Reading Comprehension Questions for Any Book Task Cards plus Google Digital
- Google Apps™
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This huge bundle of task cards includes reading skills and strategies, figurative language, vocabulary, sentence building and punctuation, parts of speech, affixes and roots, writing prompts, and plenty of overall ELA test prep and review. There are 107 products in this bundle, but you will get closPrice $260.20Original Price $377.43Save $117.23
- Everything in this bundle is meant to be used with whatever books your students are reading, which makes it perfect for reading workshop, independent reading, or guided reading. Great for improving reading comprehension and digging into close reading.Many include digital options with Google Slides aPrice $79.30Original Price $105.61Save $26.31
- Save money with this discounted writing prompt bundle! Includes five sets of cards (digital or print) for a total of 764 different prompts! There are so many ways to use these cards!• As journal prompts • At a writing center• As discussion prompts in small groups or with the whole class• As extraPrice $20.23Original Price $29.90Save $9.67
- Each of these 157 cards features a different question or activity to help your students engage meaningfully with the text they are reading. They can be used for discussion or as writing prompts. The cards address setting, characters, plot, theme, author's purpose, mood, tone and more. Students willPrice $10.35Original Price $14.94Save $4.59
LIT SPARKS: These 65 reading response question cards (print or digital) for literature will help your students engage in meaningful and insightful discussions about the books they are reading.
The cards address setting, characters, plot, theme, author's purpose, mood, tone and more. Students will need to use reading strategies such as inference, summarizing, comparing and contrasting etc. to dig deeper into the text.
- 65 Task Cards (prints 4 to a page)
- Recording Sheets
- Google Slides
- Easel Activity
- Question Randomizer Video
- Digital or Print
- 65 Different Questions to Choose From
- Card or List Formats
- Use with any book!
Great for 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th grade!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE A LOT MORE!
This resource is part of a money-saving bundle!
This resource uses American English and is editable.
Here are some suggestions for using these cards:
- Use in conjunction with close reading.
- Use as writing prompts for reading journals.
- Require students to complete a certain number of cards each week for their independent reading.
- Use in guided reading groups and literature circles as discussion prompts.
- Use as prompts for partner discussions.
- Use in reading strategy and literacy centers.
- Choose one card to project for the whole class to use as a writing prompt.
- Allow students to draw cards randomly as writing or discussion prompts (always very popular!) USE THE RANDOM QUESTION SELECTOR VIDEO TO ADD TO THE FUN!
- Use after silent reading or the weekend to discuss what students have been reading independently.
Many of these cards would also work well for close reading. You will find a student response sheet that may come in handy for some of the ideas listed above. At the end of the document you will find the 65 questions in list format, as well as the Common Core Standards addressed in this product written out by grade level (grades 3-8) for easy reference.
- Download our to learn 31 different ways you can use this resource!
✏️ "This contains SO many wonderful questions I would never think of. These help for on the spot discussions, as well as reader's response questions. I have multiple copies printed around the room for easy access whenever I need them! Wonderful resource." -Marissa J.
✏️ "These are great! I love the versatility of your task cards. They work so well for all kinds of activities. The questions here are rich and open ended but easily accessible for all students." -Kathryn O.
✏️ "A friend recommended I check out your store, and I am so thrilled I did. You have amazing products that are ready to use and make life simpler for me while adding great creative, activities and ideas into my classroom. Thank you so much! I am recommending you to my friends too!" -GwenArlene C.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE…
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Follow us on .
- Join our .
- Check out our Blog
- Follow us on Social Media - or
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Go to your My Purchases page.
- Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment.
- You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ WE STRIVE FOR 5 STARS! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
NEED HELP? Before leaving feedback:
- Visit the FAQs section
- submit a help ticket
- ask a question on the Q& A tab
About the Author
Rachel Lynette is a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. She has written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. This resource reflects more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This resource was created by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack for Minds in Bloom INC., all rights reserved. It may be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. Teachers may distribute this product in email, through google classroom or over the Internet to their students (and parents) as long as the site is password protected. In other words, you may distribute it to your own students, but may not put it on the Internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom