Questions are in short answer format and include an answer key. They're a great way to help readers who struggle with basic plot comprehension. I've called them "Chapter-by-Chapter Reading Comprehension Questions" because they're designed to help the student follow along with the plot as it unfolds, which usually means there's one question to be answered at the end of every chapter.
All of my Chapter-By-Chapter questions follow the same format and style. For a complete example to help you decide if this resource will work in your classroom, download my free questions
for the first book in the Nancy Clancy series.
How the Questions Are Set Up for This Book
Books in this series are divided into chapters. Students should stop after finishing each chapter to answer the corresponding question.
Suggested Use for All Chapter-By-Chapter Reading Comprehension Questions
• Give these questions to students who struggle with their independent reading, who have trouble passing their Accelerated Reader or Scholastic Reading Counts quizzes. They're ready to print and give directly to students.
• Tell the student to stop after each chapter/section to answer the question(s) for that section. It’s important that they answer them before moving on; gradual review of the story line is the key to reinforcing comprehension.
Also, some questions may not make sense if they’re read outside the context of their corresponding chapter.
• Suggest that students keep the questions sheet folded and tucked inside their book; this will help them remember to answer the questions as they go.
• It can be helpful to place sticky notes inside the student’s book that indicate where they need to stop to answer questions.
• Suggest that the student review the questions and their answers before taking their AR or SRC quiz.
• These questions could also be a helpful review when reading as a class, or for students in small groups.
•Reading Comprehension Questions for Bad Kitty Gets a Bath
•Reading Comprehension Questions for Bad Kitty Meets the Baby
•Reading Comprehension Questions for Happy Birthday, Bad Kitty
•Reading Comprehension Questions for Bad Kitty Drawn to Trouble
•Reading Comprehension Questions for Bad Kitty vs. Uncle Murray
•Reading Comprehension Questions for Bad Kitty for President
•Reading Comprehension Questions for Bad Kitty: Puppy’s Big Day
•Reading Comprehension Questions for Bad Kitty Goes to the Vet
•Reading Comprehension Questions for Bad Kitty Takes the Test
More questions available at Nothing But Kids Books!