Reading Comprehension Questions For
Franny K. Stein #1
Questions are in short answer format and include an answer key. They're a great way to help readers who struggle with basic plot comprehension. I've called them "Chapter-by-Chapter Reading Comprehension Questions" because they're designed to help the student follow along with the plot as it unfolds, which usually means there's one question to be answered at the end of every chapter.
All of my Chapter-By-Chapter questions follow the same format and style. For a complete example to help you decide if this resource will work in your classroom, download my free questions
for the first book in the Nancy Clancy series.
How the Questions Are Set Up for This Book
Books in this series are divided into chapters. Almost every chapter has at least one question.
Students should stop after each chapter to check if there's a question.
It's noted on the sheet when there is no question for a chapter or if there is more than one question.
Suggested Use for All Chapter-By-Chapter Reading Comprehension Questions
• Give these questions to students who struggle with their independent reading, who have trouble passing their Accelerated Reader or Scholastic Reading Counts quizzes. They're ready to print and give directly to students
• Tell the student to stop after each chapter/section to answer the question(s) for that section. It’s important that they answer them before moving on; gradual review of the story line is the key to reinforcing comprehension.
Also, some questions may not make sense if they’re read outside the context of their corresponding chapter.
• Suggest that students keep the questions sheet folded and tucked inside their book; this will help them remember to answer the questions as they go.
• It can be helpful to place sticky notes inside the student’s book that indicate where they need to stop to answer questions
• Suggest that the student review the questions and their answers before taking their AR or SRC quiz.
• These questions could also be a helpful review when reading as a class, or for students in small groups.
• Reading Comprehension Questions for Franny K Stein #2 – Attack of the 50 Ft. Cupid
• Reading Comprehension Questions for Franny K Stein #3 – The Invisible Fran
• Reading Comprehension Questions for Franny K Stein #4 – The Fran That Time Forgot
• Reading Comprehension Questions for Franny K Stein #5 – Frantastic Voyage
• Reading Comprehension Questions for Franny K Stein #6 – The Fran with Four Brains
• Reading Comprehension Questions for Franny K Stein #7 - The Frandidate
More questions available at Nothing But Kids Books!