This product contains a short reading text on PowerPoint for whole class reading and comprehension questions at the end.
Lesson Plans and differentiated worksheets/tasks for 5 days.
This resource can be used in whole class and group setting and for one-to-one teaching.
- English Language Arts lesson plans for 5 days focusing on the text - Zack and his Unusual Pet.
- 22 Slides: PowerPoint Presentation
- Reading comprehension questions - listening/speaking and reading/writing
(includes looking for evidence in text, inference, relating the text to real life experiences)
- Scrambled sentence activities - differentiated tasks involving capitalization and using end punctuation.
- Word work focus on the prefix 'un' - making new words and gap filling exercises.
- Grammar work on the simple past - regular and common irregular verbs.
- Answer sheet for worksheet 1 and self-correction sheet for worksheet 2 (Lesson 4)
- Writing sentences
- Composition - Writing a story based on Zack's Unusual pet
- Opportunity for computer work/non-fiction work on finding information about animals not usually kept as pets.
- Worksheets and activities - differentiated.
There is a Past Tense Verb Table for information/visual display for printing off in PowerPoint. Displaying regular and irregular past tense verbs.
Resources editable and printable.
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to look at this resource.
You may be interested in:
Spot The Dog
In The Mud