Also included in
- Read Aloud Lesson Plans and Activities! Each reading lesson has differentiated reading comprehension responses pages to fit the needs of KINDERGARTEN, FIRST GRADE, and SECOND GRADE students.No Prep Print and Go Lesson Planning made easy! Simply the easiest and most enjoyable way to drive up student$100.00$140.00Save $40.00
Read Aloud Lesson Plans and Activities! Each reading lesson has differentiated reading comprehension responses pages to fit the needs of KINDERGARTEN, FIRST GRADE, and SECOND GRADE students.
No Prep Print and Go Lesson Planning made easy! Simply the easiest and most enjoyable way to drive up student engagement.
These Engaging Readers Read Aloud Lessons are aligned to Common Core Standards and TEKS standards for Kindergarten, first grade, and second grade. Join the thousands of teachers who have transformed their ELA block.
HOW DO THE ENGAGING READERS LESSONS WORK?
The teacher does the reading work while the students do the thinking work. These lessons are grounded in research. It is said that person doing the most talking is the person who is doing the most learning. SO these lessons scaffold instruction to get students talking. Side-by-side students learn comprehension strategies such as: Predicting, Visualizing, Retelling, Connecting, Inferring, Opinion Writing and so much more. You won’t believe how quickly students fall in love with your read aloud time.
These units can be used on their own or as a supplement to your current reading curriculum.
EACH BOOK INCLUDES DAILY:
- Reading discussion lesson plans
- Comprehension strategies to help all students deepen their connections and
engagement to books
- PowerPoint pictorial retelling file set students up for success!
- Interactive writing to support your students where they are.
- Anchor Chart ideas for each book
- Sentence study and activities for each day of the week.
- Grammar study for each day of the week
- A craft for each book.
- Rubrics for each response activity
- True/False comprehension assessment
- Multiple choice comprehension assessment
- Common Core Standards and TEKS standards check list
- Additionally, these assessments have been added to ESGI which you can access for FREE with your ESGI subscription.
You can get 2 months of ESGI for FREE by clicking https://www.esgisoftware.com/ and using code PD825.
NOTE: This isn't a packet of worksheets. These Engaging Readers Lessons actually guide you through the process of using quality read aloud books to teach the standards for Reading Comprehension.
This resource will save you hours of work because EVERYTHING is all planned out in easy to follow lesson plans and the materials are included for you!
Just PRINT and TEACH! Each week focuses on one book and takes you through a variety of lessons to get your kids reading like never before.
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR THE SEESAW AND GOOGLE SLIDES VERSIONS OF THE READING COMPREHENSION?
We have converted the reading comprehension portion of many of the ENGAGING READERS books. These converted files are not included in this unit. If you would prefer, you are welcome to convert this file to a digital version. However, if you want it all done for you, you can find the listing of these resources by clicking HERE.
THE BOOKS NEEDED FOR THESE UNITS ARE:
· The Name Jar by Yangsook Choi
· After the Fall: How Humpty Got Back Up Again by Dan Santat
· The Invisible Boy by Trudy Ludwig
· The Word Collector by Peter Reynolds
ADDITIONAL ENGAGING READERS BOOK TITLES CAN BE FOUND IN THESE BUNDLES: