Additional 10 pages of comprehension worksheets for Yr 1 or weak Yr 2/3. Ideal for independent or small group remedial work.
Each sheet includes a short text with mostly high frequency words and decodable words. No need to find sets of suitable books!
Questions are multiple choice, working towards the NAPLAN style of "shading the bubble". There is also room for a short inference answer and a drawing to further show understanding. Texts range from recounts and simple stories to informational texts and persuasive texts.
This activity would suit:
- Children needing support in comprehension (Yr2/3);
- Children with very weak reading ability that need to be taught comprehension strategies (Yr2/3);
- Children practicing for NAPLAN style questions with very low reading ability (Yr2, early Yr3);
- Independent reading activity (Yr1);
- Homework (Yr 1, weak Yr2/3);
- Reading activity run by an assistant or parent (Yr1, weak Yr 2/3).
This is the second set available. If you would like to trial this series of worksheets, you can download the featured freebie from my store or purchase the 5-page intro pack for only $2.