Also included in
- Do you want a full year's worth of reading comprehension and reading fluency resources? These ready-to-use, no-prep reading resources include reading fluency and comprehension passages, paired texts, close reading, and reading comprehension strategies that you can use throughout the whole school ye$120.00$173.50Save $53.50
Do you want to help your students apply reading comprehension strategies while reading? This 10-part unit helps isolate each reading comprehension strategy while providing your students with whole group, small group, and independent practice.
These units are the perfect way to not only introduce each strategy but can also be used as a way to reinforce reading skills for state test prep,
Each of the 10 strategies contains:
- An introduction page describing the purpose of using the strategy with whole-group practice. You can use this page as a mini-lesson
- A more in-depth practice page that you can use for independent practice or an assessment
- A writing activity for the students to practice applying the strategy in their own writing
- A generic graphic organizer to use with ANY book (or with the reading comprehension passage I provided)
- A reading passage that emphasizes the strategy students are learning about
- Comprehension questions to use with the reading passage. The questions help reinforce the strategy they are focusing on.
- A cover page for if you'd like to bundle all the pages for each strategy into a packet
- Answer Keys
The following is a list of each reading strategy covered in this product:
- Compare and Contrast
- Main Idea and Detail
- Making Connections
- Cause and Effect
Please download the preview for a larger view of the thumbnails.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID...
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Comprehension Connection says, "As a reading specialist, I think I am kind of picky about what I use with my students. It has to match their needs and level. Melissa hit my kids' needs perfectly. Her original stories provided my kids with reading material that balanced challenging vocabulary with stories that fit the skills well. I loved how each set included a low level introduction, organizers for practice with leveled texts, writing prompts that tie reading and writing, and 2 page articles with comprehension questions specifically for that skills. It was just what I needed as we prepared for our state test, and my students were quite successful with using it."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Simple and Sweet Teaching. says, "This is my favorite resource that I have ever purchased off of TPT! And, the price point made it even better! I have purchased many resources, in hopes they would make my small group instruction easier, more organized, and more effective. THIS is the one that did it! I love how each passage addresses a specific skill and how there are multiple resources for each skill. If you are considering purchasing this, just do it now! Well worth it!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Ariane O. says, "This has been exactly what I have been looking for! Passage-skills instant connection. No having to supplement mixed resources. No having to read between the lines. This is just so helpful and functional! Love it!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Lisa E. says, "This is a great product. I love how you've introduced each strategy and then built upon it. The original passages are great but it's also nice to have graphic organizers that can be used with any text. Very well thought out and organized. It will be extremely useful for my students. Thank you! :)"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Brandy Pierce says, "I was looking for something very comprehensive and varied to use for test prep with my students. I needed to take benchmark test data and assign students with standards they each needed. This set is well worth the cost, as I am definitely able to do this, and can use them next year throughout the year as well! Thanks!"
Click here to follow me and be notified when I have sales and list new products.