Show the PPT and sing the lyrics to the tune of "The Addams Family Theme" to teach your students about the important reading comprehension strategies of questioning, predicting, visualizing, inferring, summarizing, connecting, synthesizing and evaluating. You can hear the original song and find instrumental music on YouTube, but I recommend singing this without music. Posters for each strategy and all strategies with a key theme are also included.
The thumbnails show a lyrics excerpt, the keys posters in color, and 4 of the PPT slides/posters. Click on the preview to see a portion of the PPT.
Here is what is included in this resource:
• The Keys to Reading Comprehension song lyrics (1 page)
• The Keys to Reading Comprehension song lyrics PPT (19 slides)
• The Keys to Reading Comprehension poster, color & BW (2 pages)
• Questioning poster (1 page)
• Predicting poster (1 page)
• Visualizing poster (1 page)
• Inferring poster (1 page)
• Summarizing poster (1 page)
• Connecting poster (1 page)
• Synthesizing poster (1 page)
• Evaluating poster (1 page)
• TOU & Credits (1 page)
Music is NOT included due to copyright restrictions. Please NOTE that the PPT is NOT editable.
I’d appreciate your purchase, your rating, and your feedback!
Thank you from The Brighter Rewriter!
► These Reading Songs
teach skills and strategies and are already recorded.
► See more Song Lyrics for Reading Topics
► Click on the ★ to follow me for updates about new products, sales info & more!