Products in this Bundle (12)
showing 1-5 of 12 products
This is a BIG BUNDLE full of my Reading Strategy MiniPacks! This resource includes twelve strategy activity packs to help you teach reading comprehension strategies explicitly. Each minipack includes posters, hands-on lessons, anchor charts, and more to help you introduce the strategy with a hands-on activity, model thinking aloud with a passage, give students guided practice, and apply the learning in their own reading!
- A teacher's guide to teaching reading comprehension strategies one step at a time.
- A hands-on activity to introduce the strategy. This includes pictures, cards for sorting, and/or brainstorming with sticky notes.
- Printable posters.
- A guided passage written especially for the strategy, with scaffolding questions to support teaching the strategy.
- 3 sets of task cards in 3 levels to help you differentiate students' understanding of using the strategy.
- One or more response sheet(s) to help students practice the strategy in their reading.
- Strategy bookmarks for independent reading
- Many minipacks also include a mentor text list, graphic organizers, and a sample anchor chart!
The following strategy minipacks are included:
- Author's Purpose
- Asking Questions
- Visualizing Sensory Details
- Main Idea
- Sequencing Events
- Cause-Effect Relationships
- Analyzing Text Structure
- Distinguishing Fact and Opinion
- Summarizing Story Elements
- Analyzing Characters
- Analyzing Point of View
- Making Inferences - you can download this one for free to try it out!
This product, once purchased, is licensed to be used in one classroom. Additional classrooms must purchase additional licenses. Thank you!
You may also be interested in:
- Teaching Reading by Genre: A Teacher's Guide and Materials
- Reading Genres Poster Set
- Rolling Out Reader's Workshop
- 41 Character Analysis Tools to Teach in Fiction
Thank you for your interest in my products! To learn about more affordable teaching products, follow my store!