Reading Comprehension Strategies - This 10-part unit contains everything you need to teach specific reading comprehension strategies to your students.
>>> CLICK HERE TO WATCH A VIDEO PREVIEW <<<
Each of the 10 strategies contains:
- An introduction page describing the purpose of using the strategy with whole-group practice. You can use this page as a mini-lesson
- A more in-depth practice page that you can use for independent practice or an assessment
- A writing activity for the students to practice applying the strategy in their own writing
- A generic graphic organizer to use with ANY book (or with the reading comprehension passage I provided)
- A reading passage that emphasizes the strategy students are learning about
- Comprehension questions to use with the reading passage. The questions help reinforce the strategy they are focusing on.
- A cover page for if you'd like to bundle all the pages for each strategy into a packet
- Answer Keys
The following is a list of each reading strategy covered in this product:
- Compare and Contrast
- Main Idea and Detail
- Making Connections
- Cause and Effect
Please download the preview for a larger view of the thumbnails.