Get a full year's worth of reading comprehension task cards with this task card bundle. Each task card set in this bundle includes short reading comprehension passages with comprehension questions and graphic organizers to support a specific reading comprehension skill. These ready-to-print reading task cards work great as a reading workstation or during a small group lesson. Your students will have fun reading these high-interest reading passages and working on their reading comprehension.
Each task card includes a short reading passage (just one-half a page). This means your students can get targeted and focused reading practice without having to spend tons of time reading a lengthy passage. And each task card includes three different response options so you can differentiate according to your student’s specific needs. They are easy to prep and easy to use!
THIS TASK CARD BUNDLE INCLUDES:
8 Fiction Task Card Sets
8 Nonfiction Task Card Sets
⭐️ Main Idea
HOW CAN I USE THESE TASK CARDS IN MY CLASSROOM?
These task cards can easily be incorporated into your reading block. Consider using them in the following ways:
- Use them as part of a reading workstation.
- Use them as a shared text during a small group reading lesson.
- Use as a quick assessment at the end of your unit.
- Use for spiral review or for test prep.
- Use as a mentor text to model how to apply a specific reading comprehension skill.
- Assign as homework.
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN EACH TASK CARD SET?
Each set of task cards includes 20 (or 24) short reading passages (half page) and several different reading response options.
- Option 1: Just the Text - You can print the task cards with just the text. This works great if you want to use the task cards to cover a variety of reading skills or use them in a traditional task card way.
- Option 2: Text & Graphic Organizer - On one side students have the reading passage (same as option 1), and on the back there is a graphic organizer that matches the structure of the text. This works great to help students organize their thinking about the text.
- Option 3: Text & Reading Response Questions - One side students have the reading passage (same as option 1), and on the other side there is a set of text-based comprehension questions and a space for a sticky note so they can "stop-and-jot" while they read the text.
*Each option also includes a digital version created using Google Slides so you can use this resource no matter what your teaching situation looks like.
LOVED BY BOTH TEACHERS AND STUDENTS:
Students love reading the passages. The topics and stories are fun and engaging and are written about high-interest topics.
Students like that the passages are short. They don’t get burned out or fatigued on reading LONG reading passages in order to practice a reading comprehension skill.
Teachers love that these are easy to print, prep, and use and that these task cards can be used in a variety of ways in their reading block.
This set also includes a variety of options for scaffolding and differentiation. Teachers can provide students with the exact support that they need.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Ashley G. says, "I love these task cards, so do my students!! They are practicing their comprehension skills while simultaneously brushing up on other literacy skills.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Betsey D. says, "This is an AMAZING resource to use with small group instruction. I use it during stations and after-school tutoring for added support.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Deborah C. says, "I used this when we were learning about text structures with nonfiction. I used the first 5 cards as my modeling. The next 5 cards were a guided practice, The next 5 were independent practice and the last 5 I used as an assessment. Easy and great way to engage students.”
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...
*All of these task cards are included in The Stellar Teacher Reading Membership.
Copyright © The Stellar Teacher Co. LLC
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.