- Suitable for grades 6 - 8
- Literal, inferential, real-world and personal connection, literary,
language, and creative questions
- Common core aligned
- Fun, playing card theme
- 4 categories: author’s purpose, style, & theme; plot & setting; character; writing & language
- 14 cards per category (56 questions in total)
- JOKER card for each topic offers a creative task
- Task-recording document included
- Card backs and divider cards included
***How to use this resource***
- Cut out and laminate cards (print double-sided with the backs on page 19 for a professional look).
- Fasten categories together with a ring, or keep cards in a dedicated box. Alternatively, have students cut and glue the task into their notebooks.
- Assign students a number, time, and standard at which to complete the tasks. With so many questions, it may not be feasible for them to complete every task for a single novel. You may wish to assign them a given number of tasks (their choice) per novel, per teaching period, with the goal of answering all tasks by the end of the semester or year.
- You may wish to differentiate the required length of response, depending on your cohort. As a rule of thumb, I require the same number of lines/ sentences as the student’s grade, i.e., six sentences for grade 6 students.
***Like it? Try THE BUNDLE!***