This Ancient Egypt Reading Comprehension Unit provides students with the information they need to complete the activities.
Included in the document:
- a total of four reading passages (The River Nile, The Pyramids, King Tutankhamun, Cleopatra's Reign)
- graphic organisers to sort out new information
- Ancient Egyptian Timeline with supporting comprehension questions (with your choice of task cards or worksheet)
- Craft: Writing your name in Hieroglyphics
- Craft: Making an Ancient Egyptian Headdress
- Experiment: How to Mummify an Apple
- How to Mummify an Apple observation sheet
- Word Search (answer key included)
- Ancient Egypt Lapbook Template
Step-by-step procedures have been included, with photos included to help students make the head dress, mummify an apple and make the lapbook. See the preview for an example.
IN MY CLASSROOM I have given this to a group of students to work on. Depending on their speed of work this unit may go for up to two weeks. It encourages students to read information and answer questions or read a procedure and carry out the actions. There is an opportunity for students to record their observations.
Please leave feedback as all feedback is appreciate.
Follow my store to see future ALL ABOUT unit's posted for different countries.