Also included in
- This Reading Games Nonfiction Bundle includes three formats (print and 2 digital) with 10 interactive games that target key reading comprehension skills for 3rd grade informational text concepts. You’ll love using this reading game in literacy centers, for independent work, for whole-class games, an$25.00$40.00Save $15.00
- This set of 20 interactive Reading Game for 3rd graders includes three formats for each reading game and will give your students interactive practice that covers ALL READING STANDARDS using a fun game format. You’ll love using this reading game in literacy centers, for independent work, for whole-cl$42.00$76.00Save $34.00
This Informational Text Game includes a print and digital format and is an engaging way to help your students practice nonfiction reading comprehension while using a fun game format. The nonfiction printable game is low prep and the interactive PDF digital game is NO PREP for the busy teacher. The high-interest reading activity works well for literacy centers, one on one work, whole-class games, and for test prep.
The digital games are interactive PDFs that can be used on all digital learning platforms including Google Classroom™. Interactive PDF games can also be downloaded to a student’s device and played off wifi, making them perfect for distance learning. When in the classroom, these paperless games are also beneficial for a socially distanced reading center.
Here’s what it includes: (Print and Digital)
PDF Interactive Digital Games (4 smaller sets of 8 for easy assigning)
32 Task Cards
Two Game Boards (One in color and one in black and white)
Game Directions for Students (Includes an editable version too)
Detailed Teacher Notes
Getting Started Guide for How to Assign Interactive PDF Games
SAVE MORE and GET MORE with the 20 Reading Games: Fiction and Nonfiction Bundle!!! (Click Here)
Why you'll love this resource:
- This reading game is carefully aligned to cover the informational text using historical, scientific, and technical text reading standard!
- You can pair the digital games with printable board games to create an interactive, low prep, in-class games.
- The materials are easy to prep and to organize.
- This game gives your students concentrated practice in a format that seems less overwhelming than large passages.
- Your students will enjoy playing the game!
- There are editable directions, so you can decide how you'd like your students to play.
- The digital version is self-checking!
- The multiple choice format makes the print version easy to grade.
- There are so many ways to use the game, from literacy centers, whole class game times, one on one work, exit slips, to test prep, and more!!!
This Main Idea Reading Game is also part of the 10 Nonfiction Reading Games Bundle.
Here are the nonfiction games:
Interested in the 10 Reading Games Fiction Bundle for 3rd Grade?
These games are included in the Fiction Games Bundle:
Want to try a FREE game? This Character Traits Game has 32 matching ice cream scoops and cones! There are mini-character trait stories on the scoops and character traits on the ice cream cones!
Need another grade?
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star above.
Thanks so much,
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or one homeschool parent with his/her children. If you would like to share with others, please purchase an additional license.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™, SeeSaw, etc. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.