These fun and engaging response activities, question stems, worksheets, and choice boards are exactly what you wed to help your students respond to a variety of texts. These ready to print activities will save you tons of time and will provide your students with meaningful response activities to help them comprehend and understand any text they read.
This product includes a variety of reading response activities, questions, and prompts to help students practice the following skills:
- Story Settings
- Plot Structure & Story Events
- Identifying Theme
- Summarizing Fiction
- Point of View
- Making Connections
- Nonfiction Text Structure
- Nonfiction Main Idea
- Nonfiction Asking Questions
- Author's Purpose
- Summarizing Nonfiction
Check out the preview of each resource to learn more about what's included.
Reading Response Activities Included in Each Individual Product:
- Tic-Tac-Toe Choice Board - Includes a reading choice board with 9 different response activities and then the templates/worksheet so students can successfully complete each response activity.
- 2 Roll-N-Respond Boards - Includes 2 Roll-N-Respond board. One for students to respond to their text in writing and one for students to respond with illustrations. Each board includes six different prompts to encourage students to think about the text they are reading.
- Response Spinner Question Stems - This response spinner includes a variety of open-ended question stems that will help students think about the text they are reading. This response spinner works great during small group lessons.
- Comprehension Cootie Catcher - Students LOVE these cootie catcher/fortune teller templates. Includes questions related to the specific skill and students love to take these home or out to recess to discuss what they are reading with their friends and family.
- 2 Question Cube Templates - Includes templates to create two question cubes. These are fun to use during small group lessons and makes discussing the texts more engaging.
These response activities can be used in all parts of your reading block.
- Small Group Discussions
- Book Clubs Discussions
- Independent Reading Assignments
- Literacy Work Stations Activities
- Extension Activities
- Send Home Assignments
**These resources are already included inside The Stellar Teacher Reading Membership**
Copyright © The Stellar Teacher Co. LLC
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.