Reading comprehension question sheets that allow primary students to respond through drawing and/or writing!
This pack of 40 reader response sheets can be used with ANY book students read (or listen to read aloud). Each page has a question or several related questions that the students respond to. Both fiction and nonfiction related questions are included.
Some of the sheets include drawing activities, and others ask the students to write extended responses (there are different versions of most pages to meet the varying needs of Kindergarten, 1st, or 2nd grade students).
These sheets make quick-and-easy homework assignments, journal prompts for responding to independent reading / readalouds, or to keep track of students' reading and thinking over time in a portfolio.
Here are the topics covered on the sheets:
- Purpose for reading
- Text-to-self connections (schema)
- Making and checking predictions
- Main idea
- Text-to-text connections
- Illustrations and text features
- Mental images
- Vocabulary and context clues
- Child's favorite part of the book
- Most important comprehension strategy child used
- Author's craft (word choice and sentence usage)
UPDATED! Now includes some "challenge pages," including:
- Write a book review
- Write a book recommendation
- Come up with a alternative title for the book
If you're interested in a complete reading curriculum (with mini-lessons) that goes with these sheets, click here!
Please view the preview file before you purchase!
By: Learning At The Primary Pond with Ms. Lilypad