This No Prep
Comprehension packet includes 41 simple stories
designed for non-writers, beginners, and struggling readers. This pack includes 41 printables for all First Grade Sight Words
. It is perfect for literacy centers, morning work, homeschooling, sight word centers, small group activities, fluency and are great for sub day. The texts are perfect for kindergarten and struggling first graders.
⭐Please download the preview to see all the pages included in this pack.
How do these passages work?
Each passage focuses on one sight word (First Grade Sight Words).
- read the short passage (3-5 sentences) three times for fluency practice.
- go on a “sight word hunt“ with their crayons or markers.
- answer four questions (picture cues and multiple choice).
- illustrate the story.
- express their opinions by coloring their favorite picture or show general understanding.
⭐All First Grade Words are included:
after, again, an, any, as, ask, by, could, every, fly, from, give, going, had, has, her, him, his, how, just, know, let, live, may, of, old, once, open, over, put, round, some, stop, take, thank, them, then, think, walk, were, when
A Journal Cover Page is included as well.
►Be sure to check out the Pre-Primer and Primer versions as well:
• Reading Comprehension for Non-Writers (Pre-Primer Sight Words)
• Read and Match Sight Word Sentences! (Primer Edition)
►Save BIG with the BUNDLE
• Reading Comprehension for Non-Writers (Bundle)
►You may also like these packets:
• Read and Match Sight Word Sentences! (First Grade Edition)
• Reading Comprehension for Sight Words and Phonics (First Grade and Long Vowels)
• Sight Word Practice! (First Grade Edition)
❤️I really hope that these activities are EFFECTIVE and FUN for your students.❤️
Tina Martin ♛ The Primary Princess