This No Prep
Comprehension packet includes 52 simple stories
designed for non-writers, beginners, and struggling readers. This pack includes 52 printables for all Primer Words.
It is perfect for literacy centers, morning work, homeschooling, sight word centers, small group activities, fluency and are great for sub day. The texts are perfect for kindergarten and struggling first graders.
⭐Please download the preview to see all the pages included in this pack.
How do these passages work?
Each passage focuses on one sight word (Primer Words).
- read the short passage (3-5 sentences) three times for fluency practice.
- go on a “sight word hunt“ with their crayons or markers.
- answer four questions (picture cues and multiple choice).
- illustrate the story.
- express their opinions by coloring their favorite picture or show general understanding.
⭐All primer words are included:
all, am, are, at, ate, be, black, brown, but, came, did, do, eat, four, get, good, have, he, into, like, must, new, no, now, on, our, out, please, pretty, ran, ride, saw, say, she, so, soon, that, there, they, this, too, under, want, was, well, went, what, white, who, will, with, yes
A Journal Cover Page is included as well.
►Be sure to check out the Pre-Primer and First Grade versions as well:
• Reading Comprehension for Non-Writers (Pre-Primer Sight Words)
• Reading Comprehension for Non-Writers (First Grade Sight Words)
►Save BIG with the BUNDLE
• Reading Comprehension for Non-Writers (Bundle)
►You may also like these packets:
• Read and Match Sight Word Sentences! (Primer Edition)
• Reading Comprehension for Primer Sight Words and Phonics (Digraphs and Blends)
• Sight Word Printables (Detective theme: Primer Edition)
❤️I really hope that these activities are EFFECTIVE and FUN for your students.❤️
Tina Martin ♛ The Primary Princess