Help your students learn to write a perfect constructed response for any ELA state test with this digital workshop using the r.a.c.e + transitions method. This workshop workshop includes a reading passage, but can also be used year around with any passages.
- Students learn to unpack the prompt by analyzing, highlighting, and defining it's language, especially the academic language that will likely show up on most state tests.
- Students will learn to restate and answer ALL parts of the question by paraphrasing each question asked in the multi-question prompt.
- Students will learn to use transition into their evidence by selecting appropriate transitions (given) for their purpose. They will also learn to transition into their elaboration.
- Students will learn to provide and in-text-cite strong supporting evidence, and elaborate upon that evidence.
Analyze the mentor sample prompt and response as a whole class. Each piece is broken down just as students will break their own down.
Allow students to work at their own pace, re-reading the passage, to step through unpacking and constructing their prompt.
- Professionally written informational passage about lions facing habit destruction
- Multi-step prompt for the passage
- Dissected prompt with mentor responses
- Graphic organizers and instructions for each step
- Rubric for teacher and peer evaluation
- Rubric with descriptors for excellent responses
- TEMPLATES for ALL of your future constructed response assignments
***Create a CONSTRUCTED RESPONSE section in students' writing portfolios***
Constructed Response Bundle DIGITAL EDITION
Constructed Response DIGITAL EDITION (non-bundle)
Argument Writing Workshop
Argument Grading and Feedback System
Literary Essay Writing Bundle
Expository Essay Writing Workshop
FULL YEAR OF ESSAY AND RESPONSE WRITING DIGITAL BUNDLE
FOLLOW DiGiGoods and Printables for %50 off new product alerts!