Also included in
- Do you need an effective, easy, and organized way to target reading interventions for struggling readers? These reading intervention binders will give you everything you need to build beginning reading skills and help your students succeed.This bundle includes ALL 7 of my Reading Intervention Binder$69.30$99.00Save $29.70
Do you struggle knowing which reading skills to teach your students? This Reading Skills Step Ladder will give teachers a quick and easy "at a glance" view of how students develop reading skills and help them identify gaps where students are missing essential skills.
• If you need help knowing WHAT to intervene on, check out this Comprehensive Reading Skills Assessment.
• If you need help knowing HOW to intervene, check out this Reading Intervention Binder Bundle.
• If you would like another FREE reading resource, check out this Reading Intervention Folder Freebie.
This Step Ladder starts at the most basic beginning skills in 6 different reading categories, and works its way up to more advanced skills.
• Use as a planning guide for core instruction
• Use as a reading intervention guide to help plan intervention for struggling students
• Phonemic Awareness
• Listening Comprehension
• Reading Comprehension
The color-coded levels can be associated with the grade levels below, HOWEVER, they are very flexible and will often overlap grades.
With flexibility in mind:
• Level 1-Kindergarten
• Level 2-1st Grade
• Level 3-2nd Grade
• Level 4-3rd Grade
• Level 5-4th and 5th Grade
The DIBELS (Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills) assessment and curriculum guide were used as the basis for this Reading Skills Step Ladder.
*For more reading intervention ideas, check out this blog post full of activities to help your struggling readers!
**********Check out some of my other products!**********
• New products in my store are 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted! Follow me by clicking HERE so you don't miss any new products or sales.
• Did you know with each purchase you make, you can earn points towards free products on TPT? For each product you provide feedback for, you earn 1 TPT credit for each dollar it was worth. After you make a purchase, hover over "My TPT" and click "My Purchases". Click "Provide Feedback" by the green little thumb. After you provide feedback, you can check your TPT Credit Balance by hovering over "My TPT" and clicking "TPT Credit Balance". Such an awesome way to save some money! Happy shopping!