Check out my companion resource for introducing, modeling, and teaching inferences. This is my new favorite resource!!
Inferences: Power Point Introduction, Pixar Shorts, with Matching Themed Graphic Organizers, Songs, Task Cards, Graphic Organizers, and MORE
Who doesn't love a good mystery? Hook your students by handing them a cut out of a magnifying glass (included). Then, introduce the idea of being a reading detective.
These resources can be used with various grade levels to introduce inferences and practice making inference with students. Common Core State Standards put a huge emphasis on inferences. Ensure your students are excited about inferences and capable of making them when they read.
Two different graphic organizers with a detective theme are included for use at a younger and older grade level. One of the organizers also comes with 2 different levels to differentiated or scaffold throughout the year. These organizers can be used during mini-lessons, small group instruction, whole group instruction, partner work, group work, or stations. You can use these organizers with any text that requires students to make inferences.
A fun "case file" is also included to go along with the reading detective theme. A case file cover that can be adhered to any folder or large envelope along with a set of 12 task cards provides fun practice. These can be used in a multitude of ways. Two differenet leveled answer pages is also included to allow for differentiation and accountability.
3 sets of Success Criteria in the reading detective theme are also included in a PowerPoint format that can be displayed or printed. The success criteria are scaffolded so they can be used throughout the year as students are ready for more of a challenge.
Multiple student resources are also provided including a poster (which can be enlarged for display), bookmarks, and two versions of sentence starters.
Here's what is included in this resource:
* One reading detective graphic organizer for any text
* Two leveled graphic organizers in a differnet design for any text
* A set of 12 inference task cards with large case file cover
* Two leveled answer pages for task cards
* A reading detective themed inference sentence starter handout, which can also be used as a poster, with colored background
* A reading detective themed inference sentence starter handout, which can also be used as a poster, with white background (for better printing on black and white copies for students)
* An inference definition poster
* Inference bookmarks for students (4 per page)
* 3 scaffolded sets of Success Criteria in a PowerPoint
Thanks for checking out my resource! Please let me know if you have any questions. If you like my work, be sure to follow me to stay up to date with new products, sales, new freebies, and flash freebies.