Need a quick and easy way to assess your students on the reading skills you teach? These reading exit slip are perfect for assessing your readers on a regular basis.
This resource includes 51 reading exit slips for 5th grade reading skills.
Each exit slip includes a text written specifically for that skill and 1-2 questions (most have 2). The questions are a variety of short response AND multiple choice to expose your students to a variety of question types.
Most of the exit slips (39 of them) are half-page. However, the paired text exit sips and the drama comprehension exit slip required full-pages.
Here are the skills and quantity of each skill included:
Inferences from Fiction (2)
Character Traits (2)
Describing Story Elements (2)
Paired Texts: Comparing and Contrasting Story Elements (2)
Summarizing Fiction (2)
Poetry Comprehension (1)
Play/Drama Comprehension (1)
Elements of Poetry (1)
Elements of Drama (1)
Meanings of Unknown Words in Fiction (2)
Figurative Language (3)
Point of View (2)
Paired Texts: Comparing and Contrasting Points of View (2)
Inferences from Nonfiction (2)
Main Idea (2)
Summarizing Nonfiction (2)
Meanings of Unknown Words in Nonfiction (2)
Text Structure (5)
Paired Texts: Comparing and Contrasting Text Structure (2)
Firsthand and Secondhand Accounts (4)
Multiple Accounts (3)
Main Point and Reasons (2)
Paired Texts: Integrating Information (2)
I have marked these reading exit slips for 5th grade. However, if you have on grade level or above 4th grade readers, this may be beneficial to them as well.
These reading exit slips can be used for:
Spiraling Reading Skills
Exit Tickets from Reading Centers
Since there is more than one exit slip per skill, you can use one to initially assess and one to assess after reteaching. You can also use one to initially assess, and save the other for review during test prep.
Need More Reading Resources for 4th and 5th Grade?
• Reading Resources | 4th and 5th Grade Common Core Reading Supplements
• Reading Games and Centers: Skill-Based Bundle
• Reading Centers | Bundle: 40+ Reading Games
• Reading Puzzles Bundle | 4th and 5th Grade Reading Centers
• Color by Reading Activities
• Reading Spinners Centers Bundle | 4th and 5th Grade Reading Centers
• Reading Anchor Charts (4th and 5th Grade Common Core)
• Reading Homework (4th and 5th Grade Reading Review Complete Set: 36 Texts)
• 4th and 5th Grade Reading Test Prep Task Cards | Nonfiction and Fiction BUNDLE
• Reading Flipbook Activities